Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Stumbles John Stumbles is offline

Default Completely & Utterly OT; Handyman charges

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 10:38:50 +0000, Si wrote:

One of the useful things PSP can do is selective cloning. The user
selects a paintbrush (size/shape/density/opacity etc.) then right clicks
an area in an image to select the source. Left clicking elsewhere then
clones from one place to another with all the attributes previously
selected. This useful for hiding minor blemishes in a textured area. I
was unable to find this facility in the Gimp when I tried it.

The gimp's rubber-stamp-icon tool lets you 'paint' an area (selected by the
brush type) from one location (selected by ctrl-click) to another (click,
or click & drag to copy more than one blob). I use this for touching up
blemishes.

--
John Stumbles

This message has been rot13 encrypted twice for added security