Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Power tool price increases (was: Hacksaw blades)

On 8 Jan, 09:42, Huge wrote:

How do Screwfix know that I was thinking "Hmmm, haven't seen a Screwfix
catalogue for a while" and put one in my post box?

There seem to be some serious price increases in that catalogue too.

The Bosch PEX400 orbital sander has jumped from £58 to £70 over two
catalogues (high-street was around £65) That's £12 / 20%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Dingley wrote:
There seem to be some serious price increases in that catalogue too.

The Bosch PEX400 orbital sander has jumped from �58 to �70 over two
catalogues (high-street was around �65) That's �12 / 20%

Trying it on methinks, £60 is more the going rate.

Though I'd go for a 5mm orbit sander, work better with an 'interface
pad'

cheers,
Pete.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Dingley wrote:
On 8 Jan, 09:42, Huge wrote:

How do Screwfix know that I was thinking "Hmmm, haven't seen a
Screwfix catalogue for a while" and put one in my post box?

There seem to be some serious price increases in that catalogue too.

The Bosch PEX400 orbital sander has jumped from £58 to £70 over two
catalogues (high-street was around £65) That's £12 / 20%

They also have the Bosch PMF 180 in the new catalouge at £99:99!
Everywher else its around £65, probably cheaper if you look at ebay.

I was also bemused by the 'Site' range made by Makita. Seems like they are
Makita's previous models badged for Screwfix - but they don't seem much
cheaper than the current Makita models.

And whats the deal re Worx? Unknown brand, made in China, on sale at top
prices? 18v combi with 2 x 2.2a Ni Cads for £169:99 compared to the Makita
18v combi with 3 x 1.3a at £179:99. I know which I would buy.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
.uk...
Andy Dingley wrote:
On 8 Jan, 09:42, Huge wrote:

How do Screwfix know that I was thinking "Hmmm, haven't seen a
Screwfix catalogue for a while" and put one in my post box?

There seem to be some serious price increases in that catalogue too.

The Bosch PEX400 orbital sander has jumped from £58 to £70 over two
catalogues (high-street was around £65) That's £12 / 20%

They also have the Bosch PMF 180 in the new catalouge at £99:99! Everywher
else its around £65, probably cheaper if you look at ebay.

I was also bemused by the 'Site' range made by Makita. Seems like they
are Makita's previous models badged for Screwfix - but they don't seem
much cheaper than the current Makita models.

And whats the deal re Worx? Unknown brand, made in China, on sale at top
prices? 18v combi with 2 x 2.2a Ni Cads for £169:99 compared to the
Makita 18v combi with 3 x 1.3a at £179:99. I know which I would buy.

Looks like the B&Q (or whatever the parent company of both is called) effect
finally beginning to affect us all...

It will be a real shame as I really like(d) them (good CS, prices, etc).