Posted to uk.d-i-y
JoeJoe JoeJoe is offline

Default Power tool price increases (was: Hacksaw blades)

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
.uk...
Andy Dingley wrote:
On 8 Jan, 09:42, Huge wrote:

How do Screwfix know that I was thinking "Hmmm, haven't seen a
Screwfix catalogue for a while" and put one in my post box?

There seem to be some serious price increases in that catalogue too.

The Bosch PEX400 orbital sander has jumped from £58 to £70 over two
catalogues (high-street was around £65) That's £12 / 20%

They also have the Bosch PMF 180 in the new catalouge at £99:99! Everywher
else its around £65, probably cheaper if you look at ebay.

I was also bemused by the 'Site' range made by Makita. Seems like they
are Makita's previous models badged for Screwfix - but they don't seem
much cheaper than the current Makita models.

And whats the deal re Worx? Unknown brand, made in China, on sale at top
prices? 18v combi with 2 x 2.2a Ni Cads for £169:99 compared to the
Makita 18v combi with 3 x 1.3a at £179:99. I know which I would buy.

Looks like the B&Q (or whatever the parent company of both is called) effect
finally beginning to affect us all...

It will be a real shame as I really like(d) them (good CS, prices, etc).