Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default extension - Hitchin firm

Hi all

I'm thinking of putting up an extension and I have come across a builder
called Home Extension Team Ltd in Hitchin, Herts. Does anyone have any
experience of them, comments etc?

Thanks

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"markw" wrote in message
Hi all

I'm thinking of putting up an extension and I have come across a builder
called Home Extension Team Ltd in Hitchin, Herts. Does anyone have any
experience of them, comments etc?

No, but companies with cute descriptive names like this tend, in general,
not to be as good as AB Jones (builder) etc. Of course this comment may not
apply to this company

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I'm thinking of putting up an extension and I have come across a builder
called Home Extension Team Ltd in Hitchin, Herts. Does anyone have any
experience of them, comments etc?

No, but companies with cute descriptive names like this tend, in general,
not to be as good as AB Jones (builder) etc. Of course this comment may
not apply to this company

tim

I agree with this and would go with the AB Jones type builder.

I imagine HET Ltd would get AB Jones to do the work and are just middlemen
feeding off the job.

mark

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"tim....." wrote in message

"markw" wrote in message
Hi all

I'm thinking of putting up an extension and I have come across a builder
called Home Extension Team Ltd in Hitchin, Herts. Does anyone have any
experience of them, comments etc?

No, but companies with cute descriptive names like this tend, in general,
not to be as good as AB Jones (builder) etc. Of course this comment may
not apply to this company

tim

Rubbish! what sort of research have you done and on how many companies?
It's employees that are crap that give companies a bad name - or those
directors who are disqualified, or companies not registered. The name might
be to reflect the main service provided.
What you claim is not true.
My advice is check the company is registered and google for
reviews/complaints.
Never pay in advance or by cash.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

markw wrote:
Hi all

I'm thinking of putting up an extension and I have come across a builder
called Home Extension Team Ltd in Hitchin, Herts. Does anyone have any
experience of them, comments etc?

Thanks

They're not a builder - They design and project manage on behalf of the
client and use local builders for the construction work. They have a
shop in the high street (and a website http://www.het.co.uk )

Not used them myself (or indeed anyone as I haven't extended!) but a
friend popped in to see them to discuss a proposed extension and wasn't
happy with their approach but YMMV...

Peter

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 02 Jan 2008 21:13:42 GMT Markw wrote :
I'm thinking of putting up an extension and I have come across a
builder called Home Extension Team Ltd in Hitchin, Herts. Does
anyone have any experience of them, comments etc?

My instinct with names like this is as the other posters, but the
Companies House website www.companieshouse.gov.uk WebCheck is always
worth a look for limited companies. This one was incorporated in 1989
and their last filed accounts are for the year to 31/3/07, both of
which are positives. You can get a copy of these accounts from the CH
website for £1.

As they've been around for a long time I would ask your local BCO for
an off-the-record opinion.

Medium or firm mattress for toddlers bed ? [email protected] UK diy 14 October 27th 07 01:08 AM
DG firm manchester area please nige UK diy 3 April 2nd 06 08:18 PM
firm foundations Chris Hall UK diy 6 January 4th 06 01:39 AM
how to firm up my floors ? brugnospamsia UK diy 17 January 31st 05 03:55 PM