Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bosch washing machine fault Code F05

A Happy New Year everybody.

Bosch washing machine WFP 3231 fault Code F05.

Our washing machine started displaying this fault code today every
time a wash program is started.

The users manual only mentions F01 & F03. :-(

It goes through filling and ultimately draining cycles, but the drum
doesn't move at all, so it might indicate power has been applied to
the drum motor but it hasn't moved.

Maybe.

If anybody has access to better documentation than they give to the
purchasers when they buy their products I'd appreciate a hint.

TNX. in advance.

DG

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jan 2, 1:10 am, Derek Geldard wrote:

Bosch washing machine WFP 3231 fault Code F05.

It goes through filling and ultimately draining cycles, but the drum
doesn't move at all, so it might indicate power has been applied to
the drum motor but it hasn't moved.

Hi

F05 is a motor problem. Check all the connections to the motor and try
removing and reinserting or replacing the brushes.

Steve
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jan 2, 8:53 am, stevelup wrote:
On Jan 2, 1:10 am, Derek Geldard wrote:

Bosch washing machine WFP 3231 fault Code F05.

It goes through filling and ultimately draining cycles, but the drum
doesn't move at all, so it might indicate power has been applied to
the drum motor but it hasn't moved.

Hi

F05 is a motor problem. Check all the connections to the motor and try
removing and reinserting or replacing the brushes.

Steve

I had a similar problem with my CDA washing machine (Drum would not
turn) it turned out to be the belt.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 02 Jan 2008 01:10:04 +0000, Derek Geldard
wrote:

A Happy New Year everybody.

Bosch washing machine WFP 3231 fault Code F05.

Our washing machine started displaying this fault code today every
time a wash program is started.

The users manual only mentions F01 & F03. :-(

It goes through filling and ultimately draining cycles, but the drum
doesn't move at all, so it might indicate power has been applied to
the drum motor but it hasn't moved.

Maybe.

If anybody has access to better documentation than they give to the
purchasers when they buy their products I'd appreciate a hint.

TNX. in advance.

DG

I've got the same problem right now with a Bosch WFX2867GB/09 but with
no error codes.

The normal problems are belt snapped or fell off or stretched too much
and is slipping. Can you hear the motor going round or not ??

In my case I have plumped for new brushes. Just bought some off a
local spares man, who said they were original Bosch manufacture, only
to find that they were made by Unifit. Needless to say the electrical
connection to the copper braid of the brush has just snapped/fell off.
Got to get some more to replace the faulty new ones ??? now.