Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default PIR Wiring connector ?

Hi,

I've inherited an alarm system which I want to swap out an existing
PIR to a pet friendly sort. The old PIR is wired in using some bullet
type crimp connectors which I haven't seen before.

A photo of the PIR wiring is he

http://img266.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pirhi2.png

Can anyone tell me what type of connectors these are (so I can buy
some) and maybe why they've been used?

Many thanks.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
Hi,

I've inherited an alarm system which I want to swap out an existing
PIR to a pet friendly sort. The old PIR is wired in using some bullet
type crimp connectors which I haven't seen before.

A photo of the PIR wiring is he

http://img266.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pirhi2.png

Can anyone tell me what type of connectors these are (so I can buy
some) and maybe why they've been used?

Many thanks.

Any pet PIR will suffice and you don't need connectors like that,well you do
as it depends how many passives you want on the same zone? in which case you
wire them up in parrallel.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Use heat shrink cable to cover the bare ends.

24h is wired in parrellel
NC(normaly closed) is wired in parrellel
12v is wired in series

Hence why they used those old crimp connectors.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"George" wrote in message
.uk...
Use heat shrink cable to cover the bare ends.

24h is wired in parrellel
NC(normaly closed) is wired in parrellel
12v is wired in series

Hence why they used those old crimp connectors.

I think George has been celebrating XMass with too much plonk or has had a
bad day

If you wire the 24hours zones and the NC zones in parrallel then you would
have to activate the tamper on all sensors simultaneously or activate all
the PIRs simultaneously to get an alarm.

Putting the 12v in series will result in a voltage drop across the sensors
and stop them working.

Try

24 hour in series
N/C in series
12 in parrallel

As for the connections you need either try an electrical wholesalers or a
maybe a car spares shop for those connections or just solder them and use
heat sleeving.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message

Try

24 hour in series
N/C in series
12 in parrallel

As for the connections you need either try an electrical wholesalers or a
maybe a car spares shop for those connections or just solder them and use
heat sleeving.

Adam

My apologies,you are correct. :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"George" wrote in message
.uk...

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message

Try

24 hour in series
N/C in series
12 in parrallel

As for the connections you need either try an electrical wholesalers or a
maybe a car spares shop for those connections or just solder them and use
heat sleeving.

Adam

My apologies,you are correct. :-)

Easy mistake if you have nitromors on your nipple.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28 Dec, 15:10, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:
"George" wrote in message

.uk...

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message

Try

24 hour in series
N/C in series
12 in parrallel

As for the connections you need either try an electrical wholesalers or a
maybe a car spares shop for those connections or just solder them and use
heat sleeving.

Adam

My apologies,you are correct. :-)

Easy mistake if you have nitromors on your nipple.

Adam

Thanks everyone for your helpful responses.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
writes:
Hi,

I've inherited an alarm system which I want to swap out an existing
PIR to a pet friendly sort. The old PIR is wired in using some bullet
type crimp connectors which I haven't seen before.

A photo of the PIR wiring is he

http://img266.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pirhi2.png

Can anyone tell me what type of connectors these are (so I can buy
some) and maybe why they've been used?

Many thanks.

BTW, the picture shows a microwave doppler unit, so the sensor
you have there is a dual tech PIR and microwave unit (assuming
it has a PIR component, which isn't visible in the picture),
which would imply a well spec'ed system. Alternatively it might
have been fitted as a result of a PIR detector in that location
generating false alarms for some reason.

Sometimes there's a spare piece of plastic clipped inside the
cover which you move to another position to enable pet mode,
but I don't recognise the innards of that particular detector
from the limited photo.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28 Dec, 17:58, (Andrew Gabriel) wrote:
In article ,
writes:

[...]

Upon close inspection the PIR is a Detection Systems DS825T. I've had
a quick look at the installation manual which I've just found on
google and it does seem that they're specifically designed not to
false alarm by pet movements. Although it does specify to not remove
the pet filter from the mirror .... not sure what that bit's about ...

http://shortlink.co.uk/q1r

BSP Connector Help [email protected] UK diy 3 June 16th 05 12:16 PM
WC connector Robert UK diy 4 March 8th 05 08:37 AM
WC pan connector help please Broadback UK diy 3 December 17th 04 07:50 PM
Tv Cables Connector Bad Zman69 Electronics 4 July 11th 04 03:15 AM