Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Whirlpol Bath Desanitizer

Hi,
We have not been supplied with desanitizer tablets for use with our new
Athena whirlpool bath installed this week and have visitors arriving on
Monday for Christmas. These are the tablets concerned:
http://www.athenawhirlpools.co.uk/So...r=Cat3&Id=1009
The tablets are supposed to be used to disinfect the bath after each use. I
have not been able to source anything similar locally. Has anyone any ideas
what else I can use to disinfect the bath please?
Cheers and Merry Christmas,
Steve

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 16:16:15 -0000, "Steve"
wrote:

Hi,
We have not been supplied with desanitizer tablets for use with our new
Athena whirlpool bath installed this week and have visitors arriving on
Monday for Christmas.

I'm sure you must mean 'sanitizer' rather than 'desanitizer'. Unless
you don't like your visitors...

--
Frank Erskine
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-12-21 16:16:15 +0000, "Steve" said:

Hi,
We have not been supplied with desanitizer tablets for use with our new
Athena whirlpool bath installed this week and have visitors arriving on
Monday for Christmas. These are the tablets concerned:
http://www.athenawhirlpools.co.uk/So...r=Cat3&Id=1009

The

tablets are supposed to be used to disinfect the bath after each use. I
have not been able to source anything similar locally. Has anyone any ideas
what else I can use to disinfect the bath please?
Cheers and Merry Christmas,
Steve

A very dilute solution of Milton should do the job

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Steve" wrote in message
Hi,
We have not been supplied with desanitizer tablets for use with our new
Athena whirlpool bath installed this week and have visitors arriving on
Monday for Christmas. These are the tablets concerned:
http://www.athenawhirlpools.co.uk/So...r=Cat3&Id=1009
The tablets are supposed to be used to disinfect the bath after each use.
I have not been able to source anything similar locally. Has anyone any
ideas what else I can use to disinfect the bath please?
Cheers and Merry Christmas,
Steve

Google on sodium dichloroisocyanurate tablets to see what's available.
Since they are used in hospital disinfection you may find a chemist or an
industrial cleaning materials supplier may stock them.

PeterK

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Thanks to all for your advice. I've got some Milton tablets which are sodium
dichloroisocyanurate so I guess I can just throw one of them in with the
system on for a few minutes.
Regards,
Steve

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

We have not been supplied with desanitizer tablets for use with our new
Athena whirlpool bath

Borrow a baby and let it swim around in the bath for a bit shortly
after being fed. The bath will soon become desanitized.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Steve wrote:
Hi,
We have not been supplied with desanitizer tablets for use with our new
Athena whirlpool bath installed this week and have visitors arriving on
Monday for Christmas. These are the tablets concerned:
http://www.athenawhirlpools.co.uk/So...r=Cat3&Id=1009
The tablets are supposed to be used to disinfect the bath after each use. I
have not been able to source anything similar locally. Has anyone any ideas
what else I can use to disinfect the bath please?

We got a bubbly bath thing a while back... Didn't really think about
"desanitizing" it.. Soap's self-cleaning, right?

Anyway, we recently got some blue liquid stuff - main ingridient seems
to be caustic soda - run it round in hot water for 10 minutes with the
air turned off, then fill with cold, to rinse it out.

It's called "Swirl Away" or something like that and they suggest monthly
cleaning... (We use the bath about once a week, and shower in it the
rest of the time)

I have to say, that for the litre or so of old bath water that gets left
in the pipes, I'm not overly concerned to do much more than fill the
bath with cold water afterwards and rinse it out with that...

Gordon

Re-Bath? Goomba38 Home Repair 2 January 9th 07 01:49 PM
Fitting bath. Tile first or fit bath first? Ian Maguire UK diy 8 February 27th 06 03:01 PM
Tiling behind bath? or tile down to bath? xxx UK diy 7 January 10th 06 02:41 AM
Looking for a bath overflow that is flush with the bath surface? Peter UK diy 0 October 18th 05 02:07 PM
Bath tap seemingly welded to iron bath mfcexpert UK diy 10 December 12th 03 10:26 PM