Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Help needed with washing machine

Our Zanussi FJ1295 sometimes stops during it's cycle, I'd thought the
problem was an intermittent mains switch - but the problem is still
there after changing the switch :-(

FWIW SWMBO thinks it usually freezes between the C and D points on the
cycle (this MAY be where extra water is added) and that if the timer is
turned one click forward it then completes OK. My guess (based on
nothing but intuition) is a dodgy water pressure switch but without any
diagrams I'm in the dark.

Are there any wiring, flow or logic diagram anywhere on the web?
Or is anyone old and wise enough to divine what the fault is?

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"NoSpam" wrote in message
Our Zanussi FJ1295 sometimes stops during it's cycle, I'd thought the
problem was an intermittent mains switch - but the problem is still
there after changing the switch :-(

FWIW SWMBO thinks it usually freezes between the C and D points on the
cycle (this MAY be where extra water is added) and that if the timer is
turned one click forward it then completes OK. My guess (based on
nothing but intuition) is a dodgy water pressure switch but without any
diagrams I'm in the dark.

Are there any wiring, flow or logic diagram anywhere on the web?
Or is anyone old and wise enough to divine what the fault is?

Dave

Is the H&C taps fully open?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

George wrote:
"NoSpam" wrote in message
Our Zanussi FJ1295 sometimes stops during it's cycle, I'd thought the
problem was an intermittent mains switch - but the problem is still
there after changing the switch :-(

FWIW SWMBO thinks it usually freezes between the C and D points on the
cycle (this MAY be where extra water is added) and that if the timer is
turned one click forward it then completes OK. My guess (based on
nothing but intuition) is a dodgy water pressure switch but without any
diagrams I'm in the dark.

Are there any wiring, flow or logic diagram anywhere on the web?
Or is anyone old and wise enough to divine what the fault is?

Dave

Is the H&C taps fully open?

Yes, no problem in that area (and the solenoid valves are working OK).
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"NoSpam" wrote in message
George wrote:
"NoSpam" wrote in message
Our Zanussi FJ1295 sometimes stops during it's cycle, I'd thought the
problem was an intermittent mains switch - but the problem is still
there after changing the switch :-(

FWIW SWMBO thinks it usually freezes between the C and D points on the
cycle (this MAY be where extra water is added) and that if the timer is
turned one click forward it then completes OK. My guess (based on
nothing but intuition) is a dodgy water pressure switch but without any
diagrams I'm in the dark.

Are there any wiring, flow or logic diagram anywhere on the web?
Or is anyone old and wise enough to divine what the fault is?

Dave

Is the H&C taps fully open?

Yes, no problem in that area (and the solenoid valves are working OK).

Does it rinse ok? ie expell the dirty water sometimes a washing machines
pump gets clogged? and whats the powder draw like? quite a number of women
never ever clean these out and you get a lot of gunge build up.
These are just checkable ideas mind and probably are not the fault? but you
never can tell.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
F F is offline

On 18/12/2007 11:42 NoSpam wrote:

Or is anyone old and wise enough to divine what the fault is?

Have a look/ask the question at
http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/module...viewforum&f=34

I've had quick and accurate help in the past. Parts have been cheap too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

George wrote:
"NoSpam" wrote in message
George wrote:
"NoSpam" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks but everything is OK apart from the "stopping" problem.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

F wrote:
On 18/12/2007 11:42 NoSpam wrote:

Or is anyone old and wise enough to divine what the fault is?

Have a look/ask the question at
http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/module...viewforum&f=34

I've had quick and accurate help in the past. Parts have been cheap too.

Thanks! I'd forgotten about that site.

Dave

Washing Machine pauljfoster UK diy 6 September 25th 05 10:49 PM
washing machine dry well Joe Home Repair 4 September 19th 05 06:07 PM
Age of Washing Machine Edwin Pawlowski Home Repair 1 November 3rd 04 03:58 AM
Washing machine not washing Carl Home Repair 2 March 6th 04 05:32 PM
help needed: washing machine doesn't empty completely - is this normal? donald girod Home Repair 1 August 2nd 03 09:38 PM