Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Old grout still OK?

I need to grout some floor tiles in my bathroom. I have some BAL
Superflex grout left over from a job a couple of years back. The stuff
I have is in an unopened bag, but stored in an unheated garage. It was
manufactured in Jan 06. The bag says it has a shelf life of 12 months
from manufacture.

It's not a wetroom, so I don't expect a lot of standing water, but
obviosuly, I don't want water to ruin the wood below etc etc.

Do you think it would still be OK to use? I only have 3sqm or so to
grout, so I don't really want to have to shell out for a new bag -
that stuff is expensive. On the other hand, I *really* don't want to
mess it up!

If it's relevant, floor is 12mm ply over floorboards, with electric
UFH.

Would you use it?

Jon.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tournifreak wrote:
I need to grout some floor tiles in my bathroom. I have some BAL
Superflex grout left over from a job a couple of years back. The stuff
I have is in an unopened bag, but stored in an unheated garage. It was
manufactured in Jan 06. The bag says it has a shelf life of 12 months
from manufacture.

It's not a wetroom, so I don't expect a lot of standing water, but
obviosuly, I don't want water to ruin the wood below etc etc.

Do you think it would still be OK to use? I only have 3sqm or so to
grout, so I don't really want to have to shell out for a new bag -
that stuff is expensive. On the other hand, I *really* don't want to
mess it up!

Shoukld be OK.

Mixs a little up. If it goes off properly in 24 hours and is not
crumbly, use it.

If it's relevant, floor is 12mm ply over floorboards, with electric
UFH.

Would you use it?

Yes. After a quick test,I would

Jon.

Using old grout. [email protected] Home Repair 5 June 22nd 16 03:44 AM
does grout sealer make grout waterproof? bob Home Repair 3 October 20th 05 03:53 AM
Grout John UK diy 4 September 29th 05 11:23 AM
Wet Look Grout? Chris Shaw UK diy 4 June 10th 05 03:08 PM
grout-only sealant versus tile-and-grout sealant? peter Home Repair 2 May 10th 05 05:13 AM