Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default sealing a leaking velux window frame to the roof

I have had two velux windows in my loft roof for over 15 years and for
the past 10 years or maybe more, it seems every time we have strong
winds and rain there is a leak from somewhere.

I know I can call out a roofer and get them replaced - but why
shouldn't I just seal them with some kind of silican or gunge all the
way round the frame and marley tile interface? Who's going to see it
anyway except the seagulls?

Can you recommend the right type of tar / gunge / silicon for this job?

Replacing Velux Window Andrew UK diy 5 August 18th 05 09:02 AM
Velux window Rich UK diy 2 July 22nd 05 07:17 PM
Window frame sealing [email protected] UK diy 3 August 24th 04 04:42 PM
Adjusting a Velux window - Help. Tony UK diy 3 June 3rd 04 11:23 PM
problem with velux window BigWallop UK diy 1 July 23rd 03 08:20 PM