Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ray[_3_] Ray[_3_] is offline

Default sealing a leaking velux window frame to the roof

Wickes brown window frame sealant is good for this.

"barontorc" wrote in message
I have had two velux windows in my loft roof for over 15 years and for
the past 10 years or maybe more, it seems every time we have strong
winds and rain there is a leak from somewhere.

I know I can call out a roofer and get them replaced - but why
shouldn't I just seal them with some kind of silican or gunge all the
way round the frame and marley tile interface? Who's going to see it
anyway except the seagulls?

Can you recommend the right type of tar / gunge / silicon for this job?