Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Completely OT - Joke for Andy Hall

Just been watching a comic called Andy Carr on TV.

"I had to go to A&E on Friday night. When I walked in I though someone had
bombed Lidl".

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
. uk...
Just been watching a comic called Andy Carr on TV.

"I had to go to A&E on Friday night. When I walked in I though someone
had bombed Lidl".

Andy Carr is not funny. I know funny. Is that joke funny? Can you explain
where the funny is please? I need this non-funny type of funny explained to
me.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , The Medway
Handyman writes
Just been watching a comic called Andy Carr on TV.

"I had to go to A&E on Friday night. When I walked in I though someone had
bombed Lidl".

Alan Carr .. even

was it any good ?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message ews.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message . uk...
Just been watching a comic called Andy Carr on TV.

"I had to go to A&E on Friday night. When I walked in I though
someone had bombed Lidl".

Andy Carr is not funny. I know funny. Is that joke funny? Can you
explain where the funny is please? I need this non-funny type of funny
explained to me.

Funny is you flooding a house because you can't cut a pipe properly

It's UK.d-i-y's all time favourite

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
. uk...
Just been watching a comic called Andy Carr on TV.

"I had to go to A&E on Friday night. When I walked in I though someone
had bombed Lidl".

I missed it...was watching Jimmy Carr.

mark

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Doctor Drivel wrote:

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
. uk...
Just been watching a comic called Andy Carr on TV.

"I had to go to A&E on Friday night. When I walked in I though someone
had bombed Lidl".

Andy Carr is not funny. I know funny. Is that joke funny? Can you explain
where the funny is please? I need this non-funny type of funny explained to

Lidl is very noticably - at least where I am - different from
Morrisons/Asda/... in terms of the look of the customers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 01:02:21 -0000, Ian Stirling wrote:

Doctor Drivel wrote:
[10 quoted lines suppressed]

Lidl is very noticably - at least where I am - different from
Morrisons/Asda/... in terms of the look of the customers.

Anyone who makes jokes about lidl has never been to Netto....***Shudder***

Steve
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-11-19 23:29:44 +0000, "The Medway Handyman"
said:

Just been watching a comic called Andy Carr on TV.

"I had to go to A&E on Friday night. When I walked in I though someone had
bombed Lidl".

I don't know who Andy Carr is, but that one is excellent......

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Ian Stirling" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
. uk...
Just been watching a comic called Andy Carr on TV.

"I had to go to A&E on Friday night. When I walked in I though someone
had bombed Lidl".

Andy Carr is not funny. I know funny. Is that joke funny? Can you
explain
where the funny is please? I need this non-funny type of funny explained

Lidl is very noticably - at least where I am - different from
Morrisons/Asda/... in terms of the look of the customers.

I wouldn't go to Asda for anything but occasionally force myself to go to
Morrison's. Mostly we shop (when we do) at Waitrose but we go to Lidl and
Aldi when they have hardware offers. From what I've seen of customers I'd
much rather go to L & A than Morrison's.

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Mark
writes

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
.uk...
Just been watching a comic called Andy Carr on TV.

"I had to go to A&E on Friday night. When I walked in I though someone
had bombed Lidl".

I missed it...was watching Jimmy Carr.

same programme different time

--
Si
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mary Fisher wrote:

I wouldn't go to Asda for anything but occasionally force myself to go to
Morrison's. Mostly we shop (when we do) at Waitrose

Blimey !!!!
No wonder you're trying to save money through Solar panels and stuff !

I can get 2 bags of shopping for £30 in Waitrose and at least 6 or 8
bags of the same items from Asda !

More money than sense.

:¬)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Mary Fisher wrote:
Lidl is very noticably - at least where I am - different from
Morrisons/Asda/... in terms of the look of the customers.

I wouldn't go to Asda for anything but occasionally force myself to go
to Morrison's. Mostly we shop (when we do) at Waitrose but we go to
Lidl and Aldi when they have hardware offers. From what I've seen of
customers I'd much rather go to L & A than Morrison's.

It will depend on the area you live in. Chavs ain't going to travel far
just for a supermarket.

Personally I don't much care what type of person uses any supermarket - I
go there to buy the goods I want at the price I'm willing to pay - not to
meet people. And as such don't tend to hang around long enough to notice
the social classes.

--
*Never put off until tomorrow what you can avoid altogether *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Doctor Drivel wrote:

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
o.uk...
Just been watching a comic called Andy Carr on TV.

"I had to go to A&E on Friday night. When I walked in I though someone
had bombed Lidl".

Andy Carr is not funny. I know funny. Is that joke funny? Can you
explain
where the funny is please? I need this non-funny type of funny explained

Lidl is very noticably - at least where I am - different from
Morrisons/Asda/... in terms of the look of the customers.

I wouldn't go to Asda for anything but occasionally force myself to go to
Morrison's. Mostly we shop (when we do) at Waitrose but we go

Snob, or money to burn? do tell.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Nov 20, 10:24 am, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:
In article ,
Mary Fisher wrote:

Lidl is very noticably - at least where I am - different from
Morrisons/Asda/... in terms of the look of the customers.

I wouldn't go to Asda for anything but occasionally force myself to go
to Morrison's. Mostly we shop (when we do) at Waitrose but we go to
Lidl and Aldi when they have hardware offers. From what I've seen of
customers I'd much rather go to L & A than Morrison's.

It will depend on the area you live in. Chavs ain't going to travel far
just for a supermarket.

Personally I don't much care what type of person uses any supermarket - I
go there to buy the goods I want at the price I'm willing to pay - not to
meet people. And as such don't tend to hang around long enough to notice
the social classes.

Agreed. Brand X is Brand X, whether you buy it from Waitrose or Asda.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Doctor Drivel wrote:

[...]

This is the sign of a nose slightly turned up.
What makes you think Asda does not stock the same brands as Waitrose only
cheaper?

ps you shop to buy food not to eye up what the customers have hanging out
there clothes.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Doctor Drivel wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
. uk...
Just been watching a comic called Andy Carr on TV.
"I had to go to A&E on Friday night. When I walked in I though someone
had bombed Lidl".
Andy Carr is not funny. I know funny. Is that joke funny? Can you
explain
where the funny is please? I need this non-funny type of funny explained
Lidl is very noticably - at least where I am - different from
Morrisons/Asda/... in terms of the look of the customers.

I wouldn't go to Asda for anything but occasionally force myself to go to
Morrison's. Mostly we shop (when we do) at Waitrose but we go

Snob, or money to burn? do tell.

The Waitrose vegetable display is a work of art. Everything looks
wonderful and invariably tastes of nothing. It seems to be what today's
"discerning" shopper wants.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

George ("George" ) gurgled happily, sounding
much like they were saying:

This is the sign of a nose slightly turned up. What makes you think Asda
does not stock the same brands as Waitrose only cheaper?

Where brands are the same, the prices are similar, IME.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Adrian" wrote in message
reenews.net...
George ("George" ) gurgled happily, sounding
much like they were saying:

This is the sign of a nose slightly turned up. What makes you think Asda
does not stock the same brands as Waitrose only cheaper?

Where brands are the same, the prices are similar, IME.

The poster you replied to seems to be judging others by his own criteria :-)

There are other reasons for choosing Waitrose above rivals, price isn't an
issue. The last thing we'd economise on is food.

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Adrian wrote:
George ("George" ) gurgled happily, sounding
much like they were saying:

This is the sign of a nose slightly turned up. What makes you think Asda
does not stock the same brands as Waitrose only cheaper?

Where brands are the same, the prices are similar, IME.

Indeed, we used to do a weekly online shop from Tesco, and changed to
Waitrose (Occado). Can't say I have noticed any particular difference in
the bills.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Nov 20, 11:19 am, "Man at B&Q" wrote:
On Nov 20, 10:24 am, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Mary Fisher wrote:

Lidl is very noticably - at least where I am - different from
Morrisons/Asda/... in terms of the look of the customers.
I wouldn't go to Asda for anything but occasionally force myself to go
to Morrison's. Mostly we shop (when we do) at Waitrose but we go to
Lidl and Aldi when they have hardware offers. From what I've seen of
customers I'd much rather go to L & A than Morrison's.

It will depend on the area you live in. Chavs ain't going to travel far
just for a supermarket.

Personally I don't much care what type of person uses any supermarket - I
go there to buy the goods I want at the price I'm willing to pay - not to
meet people. And as such don't tend to hang around long enough to notice
the social classes.

Agreed. Brand X is Brand X, whether you buy it from Waitrose or Asda.

Well true, but the point is that Waitrose and Asda usually stock
different brands - and we tend to find that Waitrose tends to come
closer to where we want to be on the price/quality curve.

.... but I do agree that I don't care what sort of person uses the
supermarket - it's all about the goods.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , spam@puppet-
headDOT.coDOT.uk says...
Anyone who makes jokes about lidl has never been to Netto....***Shudder***

Just the smell of Netto is enough to put you off. Though I did brave it
a while ago and get a very nice 24LED torch for a little over a fiver. I
wonder if it'll come back safely from my son taking it to adventure
camp.
--
Skipweasel.
Never knowingly understood.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"geoff" wrote in message
In message ews.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
o.uk...
Just been watching a comic called Andy Carr on TV.

"I had to go to A&E on Friday night. When I walked in I though someone
had bombed Lidl".

Andy Carr is not funny. I know funny. Is that joke funny? Can you
explain where the funny is please? I need this non-funny type of funny
explained to me.

Funny is you flooding a house because you can't cut a pipe properly

Maxie, now that was funny. I do like tall stories!!! Maxie, you are a breath
of fresh air.

Maxie in a frock up a tree:
http://tinyurl.com/mzoan

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-11-19 23:29:44 +0000, "The Medway Handyman"
said:

Just been watching a comic called Andy Carr on TV.

"I had to go to A&E on Friday night. When I walked in I though someone
had
bombed Lidl".

I don't know who Andy Carr is, but that one is excellent......

Matt, did you belly laugh at that? Fascinating.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-11-20 13:53:04 +0000, Skipweasel said:

In article , spam@puppet-
headDOT.coDOT.uk says...
Anyone who makes jokes about lidl has never been to Netto....***Shudder***

Just the smell of Netto is enough to put you off. Though I did brave it
a while ago and get a very nice 24LED torch for a little over a fiver. I
wonder if it'll come back safely from my son taking it to adventure
camp.

I went into one of these some time ago and that was exactly my
observation. I went to a Makro as well and that was the same.
Whether this is a hygiene issue or stock rotation or ?? I have no
idea, but the smell was stomach churning.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-11-20 13:53:04 +0000, Skipweasel said:

In article , spam@puppet-
headDOT.coDOT.uk says...
Anyone who makes jokes about lidl has never been to
Netto....***Shudder***

Just the smell of Netto is enough to put you off. Though I did brave it
a while ago and get a very nice 24LED torch for a little over a fiver. I
wonder if it'll come back safely from my son taking it to adventure
camp.

I went into one of these some time ago and that was exactly my
observation. I went to a Makro as well and that was the same.
Whether this is a hygiene issue or stock rotation or ?? I have no idea,
but the smell was stomach churning.

Matt, I know what you mean. I went to Fortnum and Mason once and was
appalled at the smell too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

I went into one of these some time ago and that was exactly my
observation. I went to a Makro as well and that was the same.
Whether this is a hygiene issue or stock rotation or ?? I have no
idea, but the smell was stomach churning.

You'd be no good in an abattoir then.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Martin Bonner" wrote in message
On Nov 20, 11:19 am, "Man at B&Q" wrote:
On Nov 20, 10:24 am, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Mary Fisher wrote:

[...]

Same here.

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Frank Erskine" wrote in message

Alan Coren, bless him, said he liked Sainsburies because it kept the
riff-raff out of Waitrose. Now that /was/ funny.

RIP :-(

But he'd have written "Sainsbury's".

Just as well he only said it, rather than wrote it, then...

You know that?

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Mary Fisher wrote:
Alan Coren, bless him, said he liked Sainsburies because it kept the
riff-raff out of Waitrose. Now that /was/ funny.

RIP :-(

But he'd have written "Sainsbury's".

No he wouldn't unless his command of written English was poor - which I
doubt. There might be many Sainsbury owned stores close to where he lives
but only one Waitrose. Same as here, really.

Sainsbury's is an adjective. Ie Sainsbury's bread.

--
*Time is what keeps everything from happening at once.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-11-20 14:39:50 +0000, "George" said:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

I went into one of these some time ago and that was exactly my
observation. I went to a Makro as well and that was the same.
Whether this is a hygiene issue or stock rotation or ?? I have no
idea, but the smell was stomach churning.

You'd be no good in an abattoir then.

I am sure you're right.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-11-20 14:39:50 +0000, "George" said:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

I went into one of these some time ago and that was exactly my
observation. I went to a Makro as well and that was the same.
Whether this is a hygiene issue or stock rotation or ?? I have no
idea, but the smell was stomach churning.

You'd be no good in an abattoir then.

I am sure you're right.

Doubt it... went to an abattoir once, don't recall that it smelled
particularly.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Man at B&Q" wrote in message
On Nov 20, 10:24 am, "Dave Plowman (News)"

Agreed. Brand X is Brand X, whether you buy it from Waitrose or Asda.

Or my local Be here and Queue, while they try to find out why the barcode
won't
scan in.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Mary Fisher wrote:
Alan Coren, bless him, said he liked Sainsburies because it kept the
riff-raff out of Waitrose. Now that /was/ funny.

RIP :-(

But he'd have written "Sainsbury's".

No he wouldn't unless his command of written English was poor - which I
doubt. There might be many Sainsbury owned stores close to where he lives
but only one Waitrose. Same as here, really.

Sainsbury's is an adjective. Ie Sainsbury's bread.

Well, if we're going to be pedantic (and it seems we are) then no,
"Sainsbury's" is indeed the correct usage here as it's the name of the
company, ie with the apostrophe.

Thus (gramatically) "Asda" = "Sainsbury's" = "Tesco" = "Waitrose"

David

[PS: But does that mean it's "Sainsbury's's bread?"]
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 17:36:40 GMT, Lobster
wrote:

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Mary Fisher wrote:
Alan Coren, bless him, said he liked Sainsburies because it kept the
riff-raff out of Waitrose. Now that /was/ funny.

RIP :-(

But he'd have written "Sainsbury's".

No he wouldn't unless his command of written English was poor - which I
doubt. There might be many Sainsbury owned stores close to where he lives
but only one Waitrose. Same as here, really.

Sainsbury's is an adjective. Ie Sainsbury's bread.

Well, if we're going to be pedantic (and it seems we are) then no,
"Sainsbury's" is indeed the correct usage here as it's the name of the
company, ie with the apostrophe.

Thus (gramatically) "Asda" = "Sainsbury's" = "Tesco" = "Waitrose"

Boot the Chemist?

--
Frank Erskine
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Lidl is very noticably - at least where I am - different from
Morrisons/Asda/... in terms of the look of the customers.

Certainly is round he Lidl is full of chattering Poles, and the chavs
are in Asda
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 11:26:10 GMT, "George"
wrote:

What makes you think Asda does not stock the same brands as Waitrose only
cheaper?

I don't care. Asda is Asda Walmart, so they can FRO for starters.

For Andy Hall The Medway Handyman UK diy 21 July 20th 07 02:06 PM
Paging Andy Hall Graeme UK diy 7 May 29th 07 08:41 PM
Paging Andy Hall Dan delaMare-Lyon UK diy 9 July 19th 06 07:14 PM
One for Andy Hall :-) david lang UK diy 21 October 12th 05 12:00 PM
Aqualisa - FAO Andy Hall David W.E. Roberts UK diy 8 November 28th 04 11:09 PM