Colin M

Default Which SDS?

Just received my Screwfix bumph through the post and see they have various
SDS drills on offer. Which do you think is best value for money?

Looking to buy something for general DIY where my normal drill can't cope!

Bosch GBH2-20SRE (500W) £90
Bosch GBH2-24DSR (620W) £140
Dewalt DW566K (650W) £135

Colin

Colin Swan

"Colin M" wrote in message
Just received my Screwfix bumph through the post and see they have various
SDS drills on offer. Which do you think is best value for money?

Looking to buy something for general DIY where my normal drill can't cope!

Bosch GBH2-20SRE (500W) £90
Bosch GBH2-24DSR (620W) £140
Dewalt DW566K (650W) £135

I think the cheaper Bosch one does not have rotary stop, so it can't
be used as a chisel alone. The other Bosch one may not have either,
but I am pretty sure the Dewalt one does.

--
Colin Swan
Grunff

Colin Swan wrote:

I think the cheaper Bosch one does not have rotary stop, so it can't
be used as a chisel alone. The other Bosch one may not have either,
but I am pretty sure the Dewalt one does.

The DW does, and it's extremely good value. Very good tool.

--
Grunff

John Rumm

Colin M wrote:

Just received my Screwfix bumph through the post and see they have various
SDS drills on offer. Which do you think is best value for money?

Looking to buy something for general DIY where my normal drill can't cope!

Bosch GBH2-20SRE (500W) ?90

No rotaion stop on this one...

Bosch GBH2-24DSR (620W) ?140
Dewalt DW566K (650W) ?135

Both of those seem well respected.

Another you might want to add to your list is the Makita HR2450 (720W)
at 119.00 pounds. (Screwfix order code 54139) Works out about the same
price as the Bosch above when you factor in the fact that there are no
drills or chisels included with this one. But you do get a bit more power.

--
Cheers,

John.

Duncan Lees

dg wrote:
Buy the cheapest - they will all do exactly the same thing and last as long
as each other for your purpose.

dg

The cheap one doesn't list a rotory stop on the screwfix web site, and
that's something you're likely to want.

-Duncan

RichardS

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Colin M wrote:

Just received my Screwfix bumph through the post and see they have

various
SDS drills on offer. Which do you think is best value for money?

Looking to buy something for general DIY where my normal drill can't

cope!

Bosch GBH2-20SRE (500W) ?90

No rotaion stop on this one...

Bosch GBH2-24DSR (620W) ?140
Dewalt DW566K (650W) ?135

Both of those seem well respected.

Another you might want to add to your list is the Makita HR2450 (720W)
at 119.00 pounds. (Screwfix order code 54139) Works out about the same
price as the Bosch above when you factor in the fact that there are no
drills or chisels included with this one. But you do get a bit more power.

are these inc or exc VAT?

D&M list the 566k as £149 inc and the 2450 at £125 inc. If the OP is
around West London then they _might_ have special offers at their show this
weekend. You'd get the chance to play with them at least.

566K mentions torque control and is 650W, 0-2.4J impact energy. 2450
doesn't mention any torque control but is 780W and 2.7J

Keyless chucks are £15 and £20 additional respectively, don't know whether
screwfix include these.

cheers
Richard

--
Richard Sampson

email me at
richard at olifant d-ot co do-t uk

Tim Morley

In article ,
Colin M wrote:
Just received my Screwfix bumph through the post and see they have various
SDS drills on offer. Which do you think is best value for money?

Looking to buy something for general DIY where my normal drill can't cope!

Bosch GBH2-20SRE (500W) £90
Bosch GBH2-24DSR (620W) £140
Dewalt DW566K (650W) £135

If all you want is something cheap what about the Ferm one that screwfix
are listing at the moment, 620W hammer stop and rotary stop, doesn't seem
to come with any tools, but they only want 29.99 for it.
(screwfix prt no 94802)

Tim Morley
IMM

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Colin M wrote:

Just received my Screwfix bumph through the post and see they have

various
SDS drills on offer. Which do you think is best value for money?

Looking to buy something for general DIY where my normal drill can't

cope!

Bosch GBH2-20SRE (500W) ?90

No rotaion stop on this one...

Bosch GBH2-24DSR (620W) ?140
Dewalt DW566K (650W) ?135

Both of those seem well respected.

Another you might want to add to your list is the Makita HR2450 (720W)
at 119.00 pounds. (Screwfix order code 54139) Works out about the same
price as the Bosch above when you factor in the fact that there are no
drills or chisels included with this one. But you do get a bit more power.

And a better product too.

Argos do a Bosch for £95. Not sure if it has rotary stop.

---

Grunff

Tim Morley wrote:

If all you want is something cheap what about the Ferm one that screwfix
are listing at the moment, 620W hammer stop and rotary stop, doesn't seem
to come with any tools, but they only want 29.99 for it.
(screwfix prt no 94802)

Yes, but it's a steaming pile of ****e which breaks in under 5
hours of use. See previous threads on subject.

--
Grunff

dmc

In article ,
Colin M wrote:
Just received my Screwfix bumph through the post and see they have various

Bosch GBH2-20SRE (500W) £90

As others have said, I don't think that has rotostop.

Bosch GBH2-24DSR (620W) £140
Dewalt DW566K (650W) £135

Something else to consider is the Wickes own brand 500w one. Its a rebadged
(well, was - I notice they have given up rebadging them!) Kress.

Seems a nice tool and I think it is under 100 quid now.

Darren

dg

I have had a sds drill for years (B&D Proline) which has been used
professionally, for DIY, and lent out countless times. Now this does not
have a rotary stop and has never needed one.

How many times to you actually need a rotary stop for DIY?

People buy an sds for drillling and not on the basis of chipping a few tiles
of the wall once every five years. It is not worth an extra £45.

Spend £90 on the drill, £1.50 on a cold and bolster chisel and £3.99 on a
lump hammer. Sorted

dg

"Duncan Lees" duncan-at-snsys-dot-com wrote in message
. ..
dg wrote:
Buy the cheapest - they will all do exactly the same thing and last as

long
as each other for your purpose.

dg

The cheap one doesn't list a rotory stop on the screwfix web site, and
that's something you're likely to want.

-Duncan

Christian McArdle

People buy an sds for drillling and not on the basis of chipping a few
tiles
of the wall once every five years. It is not worth an extra £45.

You are joking aren't you? I use mine with rotary stop engaged about 90% of
the time. Most of the rest is core drilling. The only other masonry work I
generally do is drilling for rawlplugs, when I use a standard hammer drill
as it is quick and simple. Most of the time my hammer drill has a 7mm
masonry bit, the SDS has a cold chisel and my battery drill has a cross
point screwdriver head. I rarely need to change bits and I can sink sockets,
chase cables and screw the back boxes to the wall with no bit changes.

Spend £90 on the drill, £1.50 on a cold and bolster chisel and £3.99 on a
lump hammer. Sorted

It took me over an hour to chase a couple of channels for my speaker cable
before SDS was invented, using a cold chisel and hammer. Since then, I could
do the same job in less than five minutes.

Christian.

Christian McArdle

For DIY?

Yes. Maybe your idea of DIY is different to mine. However, mine involves
running lots of pipework and cables. Whilst drilling holes for rawlplugs is
a fairly frequent need, it is unlikely to trouble any hammer drill and
wouldn't in itself persuade me to buy an SDS. For me, SDS means easy
chiselling and core drilling (i.e. for bath/sink wastes, or extractor
outlets). I suppose if you have no plumbing or electricals to do, the
chiselling aspect won't be so important.

I would not have used a power tool to chisel a massive channel for speaker
cable - I would have gouged a fine recess by scraping the tip of a chisel
along the wall. Less mess, less making good.

You obviously haven't seen my speaker cable.

Christian.

dg

For DIY?

I can't imagine the OP using his drill for chiselling 90% of the time. He
wants it to drill holes - and infrequently at that.
I don't think he would have to drill many core holes either. The point is
you don't need a mechanical chisel for DIY work. You may want one for an odd
occasion, but you don't need one.

I would not have used a power tool to chisel a massive channel for speaker
cable - I would have gouged a fine recess by scraping the tip of a chisel
along the wall. Less mess, less making good.

dg

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
et...
[...]

Dave Liquorice

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 15:22:52 +0100, dg wrote:

How many times to you actually need a rotary stop for DIY?
People buy an sds for drillling and not on the basis of chipping a
few tiles of the wall once every five years.

My SDS has done far more hours in rotary stop than it has spent
drilling holes. The hook to hang the purchase on was chasing out the
channelling for the cottage kitchen rewire.

Spend =A390 on the drill, =A31.50 on a cold and bolster chisel and =A3=

3.99
on a lump hammer. Sorted

Speant =A399.99 on the Bosch SDS from Argos, with rotary stop. Used the =

already existing lump hammer and chisel to remove the tiles. I
wouldn't have liked to have done all the chasing by hand. Very neat
and quick with the SDS.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

simon beer

"Colin M" wrote in message
Just received my Screwfix bumph through the post and see they have various
SDS drills on offer. Which do you think is best value for money?

Looking to buy something for general DIY where my normal drill can't cope!

Bosch GBH2-20SRE (500W) £90
Bosch GBH2-24DSR (620W) £140
Dewalt DW566K (650W) £135

Colin

makro are doing a power devil one with a 1000w+ motor bits and ordinary
chuck cheap and cheerful at around the £30+vat. think it got 2 year
warranty!

IMM

"RichardS" noaccess@invalid wrote in message
. ..
"John Rumm" wrote in message
Colin M wrote:

Just received my Screwfix bumph through the post and see they have

various
SDS drills on offer. Which do you think is best value for money?

Looking to buy something for general DIY where my normal drill can't

cope!

Bosch GBH2-20SRE (500W) ?90

No rotaion stop on this one...

Bosch GBH2-24DSR (620W) ?140
Dewalt DW566K (650W) ?135

Both of those seem well respected.

Another you might want to add to your list is the Makita HR2450 (720W)
at 119.00 pounds. (Screwfix order code 54139) Works out about the same
price as the Bosch above when you factor in the fact that there are no
drills or chisels included with this one. But you do get a bit more

power.

are these inc or exc VAT?

D&M list the 566k as £149 inc

Avoid the DeWalt. The Makita is a far superior machine.

---

Christian McArdle

Do you mean your not using bell wire?

No. Don't get me wrong. I'm not one of those buying 200 quid interconnects
and enthusing over the subtle hint of honeysuckle and shades of camomile.
However, having thick speaker cables does reduce voltage drop and has some
effect on frequency response. If burying, I tend to use something reasonable
like 105 strand OFC, which is cheap as chips. It may not be chunky, but it
does need more than a scratch in the plaster to bury, though.

Christian.

Christian McArdle

Speant £99.99 on the Bosch SDS from Argos, with rotary stop.
Used the already existing lump hammer and chisel to remove
the tiles.

I find the SDS chisel to be unbelievably good at removing tiles. With chisel
and hammer it was taking an age to remove them, in tiny slivers and chips.
With the SDS chisel, the tiles came off whole in about half a second.

Christian.

Christian McArdle

(shame the tile chisel is £30 from Screwfix though).

Don't bother. The standard "cold" chisel does an excellent job.

Christian.

IMM

"simon beer" wrote in message

"Colin M" wrote in message
Just received my Screwfix bumph through the post and see they have

various
SDS drills on offer. Which do you think is best value for money?

Looking to buy something for general DIY where my normal drill can't

cope!

Bosch GBH2-20SRE (500W) £90
Bosch GBH2-24DSR (620W) £140
Dewalt DW566K (650W) £135

Colin

makro are doing a power devil one with a 1000w+ motor bits and ordinary
chuck cheap and cheerful at around the £30+vat. think it got 2 year
warranty!

If you are doing an extension or the likes, go for it. At that [rice and
guarantee you can't complain. If it falls apart after a major job you have
lost nothing at all.

---

IMM

"dg" wrote in message
For DIY?

I can't imagine the OP using his drill for chiselling 90% of the time. He
wants it to drill holes - and infrequently at that.

Once you know what power tools can do, you use them. Relative of mine would
never have tackled some DIY job if cheap power tools were not available.

---

IMM

"dmc" wrote in message ...
In article ,
Colin M wrote:
Just received my Screwfix bumph through the post and see they have

various

Bosch GBH2-20SRE (500W) £90

As others have said, I don't think that has rotostop.

Bosch GBH2-24DSR (620W) £140
Dewalt DW566K (650W) £135

Something else to consider is the Wickes own brand 500w one. Its a

rebadged
(well, was - I notice they have given up rebadging them!) Kress.

Seems a nice tool and I think it is under 100 quid now.

A good product and buy.

---

IMM

"Grunff" wrote in message
Tim Morley wrote:

If all you want is something cheap what about the Ferm one that screwfix
are listing at the moment, 620W hammer stop and rotary stop, doesn't

seem
to come with any tools, but they only want 29.99 for it.
(screwfix prt no 94802)

Yes, but it's a steaming pile of ****e which breaks in under 5
hours of use. See previous threads on subject.

With a 3 years guarantee too. So send it back.

---

Grunff

IMM wrote:

Yes, but it's a steaming pile of ****e which breaks in under 5
hours of use. See previous threads on subject.

With a 3 years guarantee too. So send it back.

Please, not this again...

Once I factor in my time, it's cost goes from £30 to £130.

--
Grunff

IanJH

"Colin M" wrote in message
Just received my Screwfix bumph through the post and see they have various
SDS drills on offer. Which do you think is best value for money?

Looking to buy something for general DIY where my normal drill can't cope!

Bosch GBH2-20SRE (500W) £90
Bosch GBH2-24DSR (620W) £140
Dewalt DW566K (650W) £135

Colin

IMHO I would have the DSR Bosch.... if it's the model with the quick change
chuck then you get effectively 2 drills in one..

If you already have a good hammer drill then get the DeWalt..

Cheers IanJH

chris French

In message , dg
writes
For DIY?

I can't imagine the OP using his drill for chiselling 90% of the time. He
wants it to drill holes - and infrequently at that.

DIY can mean many things, for me it means rewiring my house, replumbing
etc. not just the infrequent hole. And this goes for plenty of us here.

And anyway even if the intentions is not to sue the chiselling function
much -it's be a shame not to spend the bit extra for a useful function.

I bought mine after getting fed up slogging away with my walls cutting
holes for backboxes and channelling out the brickwork.

After I had used the SDs to do the first one in a few minutes with ease
it had already been worthwile.

--
Chris French, Leeds
John Woodhall

"IanJH" wrote in message

"Colin M" wrote in message
Just received my Screwfix bumph through the post and see they have

various
SDS drills on offer. Which do you think is best value for money?

Looking to buy something for general DIY where my normal drill can't

cope!

Bosch GBH2-20SRE (500W) £90
Bosch GBH2-24DSR (620W) £140
Dewalt DW566K (650W) £135

Colin

IMHO I would have the DSR Bosch.... if it's the model with the quick

change
chuck then you get effectively 2 drills in one..

If you already have a good hammer drill then get the DeWalt..

Cheers IanJH

I agree with the DSR an excellent interchangeable keyless chuck, took off
loads of rendering with it, and it laughs at any hole I wish to make. Good
carry case, plenty of flex, comes with some good bits. Feels like it will
last forever. Good control (also useful for heavy duty screwdriving) and a
lot lighter than the crap £30 quid ones.

My mate just brought the performance power crap. It gave up the ghost after
only 20 minutes use.

The Dewalt brand is overrated and expensive IMHO. When you consider the cost
of the keyless chuck the Bosch is cheaper. As somebody said before I have
also always been impressed with Makita.

IMM

"John Woodhall" wrote in message

"IanJH" wrote in message

"Colin M" wrote in message
[...]

In my experinece Bosch are overated. I have had trouble with Bosch drills.
Makita are superior, in that price range. For DIY? Probably the Wickes 500w
Kress (which is a pro drill), the Eaurbaur from Scxrewfix (another pro
drill), or the Bosch £95 job from Argos (DIY drill).

---

Dave Liquorice

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 17:51:18 +0100, Christian McArdle wrote:

With the SDS chisel, the tiles came off whole in about half a
second.

Your tiles must have been well stuck. Mine you could almost pull off
with your fingers...

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

dg

But it will be a 50% (£45) increase for the drill with roto stop, and what
I am saying is that while it may be useful, is it really worth the extra
cost for DIY ?

You could go on forever paying a bit more for the next model up with the
extra features. Sure, you may use the features for a, but do you need them -
you have to draw the line somewhere.

Given x amount of money to spend, do you buy a drill and roto stop to use
the stop feature once, or do you buy a plain vanilla drill and planer,
sander, cordless etc and use all the tools more often?

I would advocate only buying what you need, not what you might need.
With DIY there are very few tools you actually need, but a far greater
number you may need may want, or which you thought you may need and use
rarely

If you want to do any channeling and box sinking then a drill is a crude
tool. Far better would be a proper box sinker attatchment or an attachment
for an angle grinder. Both would be quicker, have less disturbance to the
walls and with dust extraction, much more tidier than having bits of block
and dust fly all over the place.

The attachments would not cost any more than a good drill with the roto
stop, and be much more cost and time effective.

If you think you will need to do some channeling or box sinking for a
one-off large project at home, or for more regular jobs, then you would buy
the best tool for doing this, or hire it for one-off. Yes you could use a
roto stop drill, but it is not the best tool to use, and certainly not the
tool to buy on a might use basis.

dg

"chris French" wrote in message
In message , dg
writes
For DIY?

I can't imagine the OP using his drill for chiselling 90% of the time. He
wants it to drill holes - and infrequently at that.

DIY can mean many things, for me it means rewiring my house, replumbing
etc. not just the infrequent hole. And this goes for plenty of us here.

And anyway even if the intentions is not to sue the chiselling function
much -it's be a shame not to spend the bit extra for a useful function.

I bought mine after getting fed up slogging away with my walls cutting
holes for backboxes and channelling out the brickwork.

After I had used the SDs to do the first one in a few minutes with ease
it had already been worthwile.

--
Chris French, Leeds

Ben Edgington

"dg" writes:
But it will be a 50% (£45) increase for the drill with roto stop, and what
I am saying is that while it may be useful, is it really worth the extra
cost for DIY ?

IMO, Yes.

In the three months since I acquired my SDS I have used it for the
following tasks:

With Rotostop engaged:
Demolishing a concrete block wall;
Removing a roomful of tiles;
Chiselling a window rebate to make the sill fit;
Chasing walls for shower plumbing;
Chopping walls to make bath fit;
Modifying hole around a waste pipe to adjust its position.

Total: several hours work. Would have been several months with
hammer and bolster.

Without Rotostop:
Drilling three holes.

Total: several seconds work

I generally use my trusty hammer drill for plain old drilling. The
SDS causes too much havoc and destruction 8^) And I haven't got such a
wide range of bit sizes.

I'm just a "normal" DIY-er, honest! No kind of professional at all.

Ben

--
Ben Edgington
Note that email to is discarded. However,
Christian McArdle

But it will be a 50% (£45) increase for the drill with roto stop, and
what I am saying is that while it may be useful, is it really worth
the extra cost for DIY ?

I would buy one with a compulsory fixed roto stop that can't be turned off,
but not one without a roto stop at all. Obviously, having the choice is much
better! I consider an SDS drill to be primarily a powered chisel, with the
added benefit of taking chunky drill bits, like core drills.

I prefer the flying chunks of the chisel to the quite spectacular dust
storms of an angle grinder.

Christian.

Christian McArdle

Your tiles must have been well stuck. Mine you could almost pull off
with your fingers...

That'll be why you didn't wait for the SDS then? I could have ordered my
drill from Screwfix and had it delivered before I'd managed to remove the
tiles by chisel and hammer. It took all of 3 minutes to remove the entire
lot by SDS cold chisel. And that includes pausing to take a picture of my
partner with a huge grin on her face as she blasted through the things.

Christian.

John Rumm

dg wrote:

But it will be a 50% (£45) increase for the drill with roto stop, and what
I am saying is that while it may be useful, is it really worth the extra
cost for DIY ?

IMO Yes, also if he bought the Makita it would only be a 30 increase.

You could go on forever paying a bit more for the next model up with the
extra features. Sure, you may use the features for a, but do you need them -
you have to draw the line somewhere.

You are correct - you can keep adding features that you will never use.
However look at the OPs first post - he specifically stated he wanted an
SDS for the cases where "general DIY where my normal drill can't cope!"
- I would have to include chiselling under the list of jobs that a
normal hammer drill would not cope with! "general DIY" also suggests a
broad range of tasks for which the more flexible tool might be better
suited.

Given x amount of money to spend, do you buy a drill and roto stop to use
the stop feature once, or do you buy a plain vanilla drill and planer,
sander, cordless etc and use all the tools more often?

Well if the OP has wall like ours then there are times when even
drilling a 5mm hole 15mm deep *requires* the SDS!

I would advocate only buying what you need, not what you might need.
With DIY there are very few tools you actually need, but a far greater
number you may need may want, or which you thought you may need and use
rarely

I would suggest buying a tool with a sensible set of features. With an
SDS I would suggest having the roto stop is a sensible feature to have
especially as it does not cost that much more.

There is also the argument that you can get satisfaction from using a
good tool which is smooth, powerful, gets the job done without too much
vibration and operator fatigue, and then lasts for years.

If you want to do any channeling and box sinking then a drill is a crude
tool. Far better would be a proper box sinker attatchment or an attachment

Most of the box sinker attachments require roto stop.

for an angle grinder. Both would be quicker, have less disturbance to the
walls and with dust extraction, much more tidier than having bits of block
and dust fly all over the place.

You would need some *serious" dust extraction to make using an angle
grinder for chasing walls indoors a sensible proposition!

the best tool for doing this, or hire it for one-off. Yes you could use a
roto stop drill, but it is not the best tool to use, and certainly not the
tool to buy on a might use basis.

For things like box sinking I think you will find the drill with a
chisel is actually a pretty effective tool.

--
Cheers,

John.

John Rumm

IMM wrote:

In my experinece Bosch are overated. I have had trouble with Bosch drills.

Drills (in general) seem to be an area where there is a more significant
difference in performance between the blue and green Bosch ranges.

I have not heard any complaints from owners of the blue Bosch drills -
even those who (ab)use them every day for trade purposes. Yet problems
with the green Bosch seem to be far more common - especially with things
like speed controllers ceasing to perform their primary function.

(owner of a single speed green Bosch drill that was previously a two
speed drill but has since changed it's mind!)

--
Cheers,

John.

Dave Liquorice

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 10:40:53 +0100, dg wrote:

If you want to do any channeling and box sinking then a drill is a
crude tool. Far better would be a proper box sinker attatchment ...

Erm, box sinkers require rotary stop...

... or an attachment for an angle grinder.

Angle grinders throw vast amounts of dust all over the place.

Both would be quicker, have less disturbance to the walls and with
dust extraction, much more tidier than having bits of block
and dust fly all over the place.

I'll grant you that *good* (aka *very* good) dust extraction on an
angle grinder may reduce the mess but that is yet another extra for
suitable vacum device hoses etc.

The attachments would not cost any more than a good drill with the
roto stop, and be much more cost and time effective.

Box sinkers are not cheap. Screwfix single box set is =A384.99, the
single and double box set with 30mm channelling chisel, 5 x 6mm
drills, circular cutter and SDS bolster type chisel is =A3189.99. The
dust extraction unit =A369.99 (Yes, =A369.99, that is what Volume 72 has=

it listed as, for a polypropylene moulding, typo for =A36.99?)

If you think you will need to do some channeling or box sinking for
a one-off large project at home, or for more regular jobs, then you
would buy the best tool for doing this, or hire it for one-off. Yes
you could use a roto stop drill, but it is not the best tool to use,
and certainly not the tool to buy on a might use basis.

I agree a box sinker is the best tool for sinking boxes but they ain't
cheap (see above) and you *still* require the roto-stop drill. For
just a few boxes a plain chisel is far cheaper. And, in my case, saves
a minimum 50 mile round trip to the nearest hire shop.

Channelling I just cut through the plaster along each edge of the
channel then zipped up the middle only minor break out from the skim
and cutting at of 6' in a matter of minutes. Plaster in large lumps
not pulversised to dust that a channel cutter would produce.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

BillR

Christian McArdle wrote:
Your tiles must have been well stuck. Mine you could almost pull off
with your fingers...

That'll be why you didn't wait for the SDS then? I could have ordered
my drill from Screwfix and had it delivered before I'd managed to
remove the tiles by chisel and hammer. It took all of 3 minutes to
remove the entire lot by SDS cold chisel. And that includes pausing
to take a picture of my partner with a huge grin on her face as she
blasted through the things.

Christian.

Same here. Almost took me longer to get sds out of its case, connect it up &
lay down dust sheets etc than actually knock all the tiles off a bathroom
wall.
I wouldn't do tile removing any other way after this. Almost made a tiresome
job fun ...