RichardS

Default Which SDS?

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Colin M wrote:

Just received my Screwfix bumph through the post and see they have

various
SDS drills on offer. Which do you think is best value for money?

Looking to buy something for general DIY where my normal drill can't

cope!

Bosch GBH2-20SRE (500W) ?90

No rotaion stop on this one...

Bosch GBH2-24DSR (620W) ?140
Dewalt DW566K (650W) ?135

Both of those seem well respected.

Another you might want to add to your list is the Makita HR2450 (720W)
at 119.00 pounds. (Screwfix order code 54139) Works out about the same
price as the Bosch above when you factor in the fact that there are no
drills or chisels included with this one. But you do get a bit more power.

are these inc or exc VAT?

D&M list the 566k as £149 inc and the 2450 at £125 inc. If the OP is
around West London then they _might_ have special offers at their show this
weekend. You'd get the chance to play with them at least.

566K mentions torque control and is 650W, 0-2.4J impact energy. 2450
doesn't mention any torque control but is 780W and 2.7J

Keyless chucks are £15 and £20 additional respectively, don't know whether
screwfix include these.

cheers
Richard

--