John Woodhall

Default Which SDS?

"IanJH" wrote in message

"Colin M" wrote in message
Just received my Screwfix bumph through the post and see they have

various
SDS drills on offer. Which do you think is best value for money?

Looking to buy something for general DIY where my normal drill can't

cope!

Bosch GBH2-20SRE (500W) £90
Bosch GBH2-24DSR (620W) £140
Dewalt DW566K (650W) £135

Colin

IMHO I would have the DSR Bosch.... if it's the model with the quick

change
chuck then you get effectively 2 drills in one..

If you already have a good hammer drill then get the DeWalt..

Cheers IanJH

I agree with the DSR an excellent interchangeable keyless chuck, took off
loads of rendering with it, and it laughs at any hole I wish to make. Good
carry case, plenty of flex, comes with some good bits. Feels like it will
last forever. Good control (also useful for heavy duty screwdriving) and a
lot lighter than the crap £30 quid ones.

My mate just brought the performance power crap. It gave up the ghost after
only 20 minutes use.

The Dewalt brand is overrated and expensive IMHO. When you consider the cost
of the keyless chuck the Bosch is cheaper. As somebody said before I have
also always been impressed with Makita.