Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Interior light timer

Our interior light timer has given up the ghost. I cannot remember who
made it not that it particularly matters as the thing was a bit of a
pain to use (having to go through a menu to switch between auto security
setting and manual). I am looking for a replacement and it appears that
the choice is a bit limited. What I really want is something that can
be used as a normal light switch (to a compact fluorescent) and a
security switch that will come on when the ambient light level falls and
then stay on until a predetermined time at night unless manually
switched off.

I see that Timeguard (Smiths) do a couple http://tinyurl.com/22ujlv but
the ZV700 has a non-replaceable battery and the ZV210 does not handle cf
lamps without an add on and appears to be slightly fiddly to change
between auto and manual.

Has anyone used other makes/models?
--
Robert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Robert wrote:

I see that Timeguard (Smiths) do a couple http://tinyurl.com/22ujlv but
the ZV700 has a non-replaceable battery and the ZV210 does not handle cf
lamps without an add on and appears to be slightly fiddly to change
between auto and manual.

Has anyone used other makes/models?

I've got a ZV210 (with a tungsten bulb) and switching between manual and
auto is simple - Simply rotate the dial to the desired length of 'On'
time for 'Auto' or to '0' for 'Manual'

Thanks for pointing out the fluorescent add on, I didn't know they were
available...

Peter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Robert wrote:

[...]

Photocell plus 2 gang switch

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message . com,
writes
Robert wrote:

[...]

Yes but could it work with a timer to allow it to switch off at eg 2330
when we are away? A light on throughout the night is not really what I
am looking for.
--
Robert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Robert wrote:
In message . com,
writes
Robert wrote:

[...]

If you cant answer that yourself, maybe best leave the job to
someone else.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message . com,
writes
Robert wrote:
In message . com,
writes
Robert wrote:

[...]

My apologies - in past years this ng has always been a source of helpful
guidance where contributors have been willing to explain to those with
more limited knowledge than themselves how to solve a problem. Like
many I am able to follow simple instructions

--
Robert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Robert wrote:
In message . com,
writes
Robert wrote:
In message . com,
writes
Robert wrote:

[...]

I don't doubt it. But the skills required to do electrical work
safely
are far beyond those required to understand how to wire up a
switch, so if you do go ahead I'd be asking a few more questions
first.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Robert" wrote in message

I see that Timeguard (Smiths) do a couple http://tinyurl.com/22ujlv but
the ZV700 has a non-replaceable battery and the ZV210 does not handle cf
lamps without an add on and appears to be slightly fiddly to change
between auto and manual.

I have the two-gang version of the ZV210 (ZV215) and it works a treat. As
another
poster said, switching from manual to auto is simple.

I too didn't know about the adaptor for low energy bulbs. I am overjoyed by
this addition! )

Anyway - I'd certainly recommend.

Kroma

Looking for PIR-activated ceiling light (low profile, interior use) Mike UK diy 1 May 29th 07 06:05 PM
Timer for outside sodium light Staffbull UK diy 11 November 15th 06 06:09 PM
WTB: Timer Light Switch vortex2 UK diy 1 August 1st 06 01:39 PM
Timer for Light Switch?? [email protected] Home Repair 6 April 17th 06 05:05 AM
Light Timer Instructions? mf Home Repair 7 December 9th 05 06:55 PM