Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Re-fitting loose paviours

I have two or three paviours loose in the middle of a rather large
drive. What is the best way of firming them please?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-10-19 17:52:10 +0100, Broadback said:

I have two or three paviours loose in the middle of a rather large
drive. What is the best way of firming them please?

Find out why they are loose.

Is it really just these or is there a more widespread problem such as
drainage or a poorly compacted bedding layer? Testing the others
in the vicinity will show that.

You can begin by lifting them out carefully, plus the immediately
surrounding ones. Then assuming that the bed is solid and not a sea
of mud or other defect, lay in some fresh sand and tap it down firmly
with the end of a piece of wood whacked with a club hammer. Add more
sand and repeat if needed.

Lay in the blocks and tap these down with the club hammer using a
wooden block and a pad such as a piece of old carpet as protection.

When you are sure that the blocks are firm and you have a dry day with
the blocks dry as well, sprinkle some dry jointing sand into the gaps
and brush it well in. Repeat if required. Dryness is critical to
this step because it allows the sand to drop in the gaps and stop
sideways movement

Loose tap mo UK diy 1 August 30th 06 12:30 AM
Bowls On the Loose!!! Walt Cheever Woodturning 27 May 14th 06 04:26 PM
Oh no, did I loose my LCD? Leonardo Electronics Repair 1 March 4th 05 06:07 PM
Soldering loose fitting tubing/pipe Proctologically Violated©® Metalworking 9 March 4th 05 12:51 AM
Retro fitting TRV's - new valve fitting type Tony Collins UK diy 5 November 27th 04 01:12 PM