Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Monobloc tap problem.

I am fitting a Damixa Apollo monobloc tap from B&Q to my sink.

I stupidly lost one of the copper tails for connecting to the water
supply (seem to be a completely non-standard 13mm connector!) - so
decided to just connect it to the cold water supply for now.

Problem is that when I turn on the tap, the water leaks heavily from
the socket where the hot-water connector is to be screwed into.

Is this expected?

If the cold water is at mains pressure and the hot water is coming
from a tank - could this cause cold-water to be forced back into the
HW tank?

Mark.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/10/2007 12:34, Andy Hall wrote:

Yes. Have you checked that the tap is intended for use on low
pressure hot water? Damixa is (was?) a Danish manufacturer, so it
would not be surprising if the tap is intended for mains pressure cold
and hot water.

when you read the Damixa destructions they do recommend they are only
for mains pressure hot,

You may also find as a result that the HW flow, once connected is very
slow

I didn't risk it, I returned the Damixa for a Franke Olympus, gives good
hot flow, obviously mains presure cold can dominate the hot if you let
it, but controls are good.

Monobloc Tap yshaikh01 UK diy 16 July 4th 07 08:30 PM
Problem seating a monobloc tap in a bathroom basin Steve UK diy 2 January 1st 07 10:53 PM
Monobloc tap tails F UK diy 15 August 9th 06 03:13 PM
Monobloc tap Kris UK diy 4 April 18th 04 11:40 AM
Monobloc taps Roger Slack UK diy 6 July 18th 03 12:07 AM