Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Front door - is this one OK?

I'm in the market for a new front door, a trip to Wickes has brought
this one to my attention:
http://www.wickes.co.uk/invt/208243?...ElUVh4%2BI3KMD
0YlK3aWM7EPIBJQVvJOxcInvY1H4JwBcSZ2MIfCIMv2VNq1z%0 AWJ9bQPNXrg%3D%3D

It comes unfinished, with a nice light coloured wood.
It seems a good buy to me - am I wrong/right?

And, if I do get it, I'd like to keep it as a light finish, not dark as
in the pic, so what should I use to paint it - just plain, clear
exterior varnish?
Thanks
Alan.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ste ste is offline

A.Lee wrote:
I'm in the market for a new front door, a trip to Wickes has brought
this one to my attention:
http://www.wickes.co.uk/invt/208243?...ElUVh4%2BI3KMD
0YlK3aWM7EPIBJQVvJOxcInvY1H4JwBcSZ2MIfCIMv2VNq1z%0 AWJ9bQPNXrg%3D%3D

It comes unfinished, with a nice light coloured wood.
It seems a good buy to me - am I wrong/right?

And, if I do get it, I'd like to keep it as a light finish, not dark as
in the pic, so what should I use to paint it - just plain, clear
exterior varnish?
Thanks
Alan.

You could use an extra clear alkyd coach varnish, ideal on wood, copal
would be best but not polyurethane.

The front door George UK diy 4 July 6th 07 05:55 PM
front door Tricia UK diy 31 August 26th 06 02:20 PM
gap around a front door [email protected] UK diy 12 September 23rd 05 05:37 PM
Front Door Dorothy Roper Home Repair 3 February 24th 05 03:17 AM
New Front Door(s) Bruce Home Repair 4 December 10th 03 12:37 AM