DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Front door - is this one OK? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/216400-front-door-one-ok.html)

A.Lee October 3rd 07 07:45 PM

Front door - is this one OK?

I'm in the market for a new front door, a trip to Wickes has brought
this one to my attention:
http://www.wickes.co.uk/invt/208243?...ElUVh4%2BI3KMD
0YlK3aWM7EPIBJQVvJOxcInvY1H4JwBcSZ2MIfCIMv2VNq1z%0 AWJ9bQPNXrg%3D%3D

It comes unfinished, with a nice light coloured wood.
It seems a good buy to me - am I wrong/right?

And, if I do get it, I'd like to keep it as a light finish, not dark as
in the pic, so what should I use to paint it - just plain, clear
exterior varnish?
Thanks
Alan.

ste October 4th 07 10:37 PM

Front door - is this one OK?

A.Lee wrote:
I'm in the market for a new front door, a trip to Wickes has brought
this one to my attention:
http://www.wickes.co.uk/invt/208243?...ElUVh4%2BI3KMD
0YlK3aWM7EPIBJQVvJOxcInvY1H4JwBcSZ2MIfCIMv2VNq1z%0 AWJ9bQPNXrg%3D%3D

It comes unfinished, with a nice light coloured wood.
It seems a good buy to me - am I wrong/right?

And, if I do get it, I'd like to keep it as a light finish, not dark as
in the pic, so what should I use to paint it - just plain, clear
exterior varnish?
Thanks
Alan.

You could use an extra clear alkyd coach varnish, ideal on wood, copal
would be best but not polyurethane.