Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Danger CORGIs in your area!!!!

Just got an unsolicited email from CORGI.....

CORGI has identified your area as a carbon monoxide poisoning hotspot
(Read the CORGI carbon monoxide report for more information). For this
reason, we are running a carbon monoxide road show to alert people
about the potential risks.

And the nearest Venues..............

Birmingham and Leicester!

I live near the south coast!

So, their Carbon Monoxide Hotspot Detectors seem to have an accuracy
of less than 250 miles in a country that about 500 miles long!

What a bunch of clueless f*ckwits!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ageless wrote:
"HVB" wrote in message
On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 01:29:28 -0700,
wrote:

Just got an unsolicited email from CORGI.....

I got two of these this morning... both to email addresses I only ever
gave to Nikon to register my cameras. Naughty, naughty!

HVB

I got one as well and guess what - registered with nikon as well

Happens when you buy cheap cameras

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20 Sep, 19:41, Stuart Noble
wrote:
Ageless wrote:
.. .
wrote:

Just got an unsolicited email from CORGI.....
I got two of these this morning... both to email addresses I only ever
gave to Nikon to register my cameras. Naughty, naughty!

HVB

I got one as well and guess what - registered with nikon as well

Happens when you buy cheap cameras

No - the common thread is that the natives have a speech
impediment.....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 20:14:10 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:

My venuses were Birmingham, Newcastle, Cardiff, Nottingham, Sheffield &
Leicester - all very convenient to Kent!

Worth travelling for a venus though, innit? :-)

--
John Stumbles

Bob the builder
it'll cost 'yer
Bob the builder
loadsa dosh
Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Stumbles wrote:
On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 20:14:10 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:

My venuses were Birmingham, Newcastle, Cardiff, Nottingham, Sheffield &
Leicester - all very convenient to Kent!

Worth travelling for a venus though, innit? :-)

For years I always heard the lyric in the song "My venus in blue jeans"
as something quite different....

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21 Sep, 01:34, John Rumm wrote:
John Stumbles wrote:
On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 20:14:10 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:

My venuses were Birmingham, Newcastle, Cardiff, Nottingham, Sheffield &
Leicester - all very convenient to Kent!

Worth travelling for a venus though, innit? :-)

For years I always heard the lyric in the song "My venus in blue jeans"
as something quite different....

--
Cheers,

John.

You mean like "T'was on the good ship Venus" etc. etc.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Stumbles wrote:
On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 19:52:41 -0700, am wrote:

On 21 Sep, 01:34, John Rumm wrote:

For years I always heard the lyric in the song "My venus in blue jeans"
as something quite different....

You mean like "T'was on the good ship Venus" etc. etc.

Can we do the Captain Pugwash characters' names now? ;-)

What master Mates and Jim the cabin boy?

(never sounds as good as the apocryphal names does it? ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

| Internode Ltd -
http://www.internode.co.uk |
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Complained to CORGI & got the following e-mail;

"Please accept our sincerest apologies for the email you received last
week about a Carbon Monoxide roadshow.

Due to a technical error this was sent to you by accident, the email was
only intended for people living much closer to the current round of
roadshows.

We are sorry for the concern and inconvenience this has caused you.
Please be assured we will unsubscribe your email address."

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman