Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Belle Minimix 150 - Does it have turning drum?

Hello, can someone tell me or does it have turning blades inside while
the drum stuck in the same place?

Tia.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"SnikkerJensen" wrote in message
ps.com...
Hello, can someone tell me or does it have turning blades inside

while
the drum stuck in the same place?

Tia.

I think all the small Belle mixers have turning drums with blades
fixed to the drum - certainly that's that way mine is.

AWEM

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Turning drum, blades welded to inside of drum. Hired one last year to
pour about 3 tonnes of concrete into foundation pads. IMO very much
better than "diy level" mixers and well worth the money (or rental).

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-09-19 19:14:19 +0100, " said:

Turning drum, blades welded to inside of drum. Hired one last year to
pour about 3 tonnes of concrete into foundation pads. IMO very much
better than "diy level" mixers and well worth the money (or rental).

At what point is it interesting to do that vs. getting one of the beats
as it sweeps as it cleans trucks to attend?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

At what point is it interesting to do that vs. getting one of the beats
as it sweeps as it cleans trucks to attend?

That I can't answer. I had to pour 8 foundation pads within an
existing building, plus 2 constructional hearths - wheelbarrowing the
concrete into place. A truck beeping it's horn and the driver pacing
up and down would not have been conducive to producing high quality
results in my case.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
ps.com...

At what point is it interesting to do that vs. getting one of the

beats
as it sweeps as it cleans trucks to attend?

That I can't answer. I had to pour 8 foundation pads within an
existing building, plus 2 constructional hearths - wheelbarrowing

the
concrete into place. A truck beeping it's horn and the driver pacing
up and down would not have been conducive to producing high quality
results in my case.

So in reality how many mixes to the cu metre do you reckon? In theory
being a 90 litre tub it should be 11, but I reckon you don't really
get 90 litres every time.

AWEM

Posted to uk.d-i-y
R R is offline

"SnikkerJensen" wrote in message
ps.com...
Hello, can someone tell me or does it have turning blades inside while
the drum stuck in the same place?

Check out their website

Posted to uk.d-i-y

So in reality how many mixes to the cu metre do you reckon? In theory
being a 90 litre tub it should be 11, but I reckon you don't really
get 90 litres every time.

I was probably mixing not far short of that. In practice I used a
bucket (cement) and a rubble trug (ballast) as gauges - and what
mattered was 1 trug = 2 buckets, and to chuck in 2.5 trugs and 1
bucket to make 5:1 foundation mix.

A comfortable rhythm of gauging, mixing, barrowing, pouring and
pokering was more important to me than getting the largest volume in
the mixer.

(btw I recommend Lafarge's concrete application guide http://www.lafargecement.co.uk/)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sep 20, 6:17 am, "R" wrote:
"SnikkerJensen" wrote in message

ps.com...

Hello, can someone tell me or does it have turning blades inside while
the drum stuck in the same place?

Check out their website

Which is?

Your post is no more informative than telling them to Google for it.
Why bother?

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/09/2007 08:46, wrote:

(btw I recommend Lafarge's concrete application guide
http://www.lafargecement.co.uk/)

Thanks, but yuck, their web site thinks it's oh-so-clever with more
nested levels of frames and tables than Dante's infermo, makes
bookmarking difficult, but this gets you closer

http://www.lafargecement.co.uk/home_...v_applications

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Thanks, but yuck, their web site thinks it's oh-so-clever with more
nested levels of frames and tables than Dante's infermo, makes
bookmarking difficult,

I agree - stops you linking straight to the pdf you want. The General
concrete applications guide isn't in the list from your link though.