Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default (OT?) 60kHz MSF Radio time signal

For quite a few years I've had reliable time around my home based on
domestic clocks using the Rugby 60kHz MSF transmitter. Last April the MSF
transmitter was moved to Cumbria, and since then I've noticed glitches in
the delivery of accurate time. e.g. This morning my lounge clock was
precisely1 hour ahead of correct time, and a few weeks ago only the seconds
figure was running correctly. A relative in the Huntingdon area has also
reported problems. (And we're not living in electrically screened
buildings - just normal bricks and mortar houses)

Just wondering how others are getting on? (Direct me if there's a better
newsgroup for this ...)

--
M Stewart
Milton Keynes, UK