Philip Lewis

Default Remote Control of Lights via CB radio signal ??

"John Harlow" writes:
James Nipper wrote:
This post may sound a bit weird, but I have wanted to know how to do
this for a long time.

It's not that weird at all; this is exactly how aircraft control landing

[...]
http://virtualskies.arc.nasa.gov/nav...ecide/PCL.html

neat!

If you wanted to go the X10 route:
get some home automation software that accepts voice input.
put the CB next to the computer microphone
say the "wake up" command and then tell the software which light you
want to turn on.

Send this over to comp.home.automation, i'm sure someone can fill in
the blanks.

BTW, I think that computer data transmission is prohibited over CB,
but i'm not sure this counts.

Good luck!

--
be safe.
flip

The normal technique would be to use a tone generator at the
control end.. (holding the phone set up to your radio and
pushing the # key should work, for that) and a box
at the other end that hears that signal and activates a relay.

If you want to keep the lights from turning on and off randomly,
whether you want them to or not, you should probably get
an EE or electronics enthusiast to build a box that
uses three or four latching relays in order, and resets
on either or both of a certain time delay, or a fifth digit.

I wouldn't be surprised if such a box already exists,
off-the-shelf, but I wouldn't know what it's called.

--Goedjn
John Harlow

BTW, I think that computer data transmission is prohibited over CB,
but i'm not sure this counts.

A computer data stream would be the most intelligent thing one would hear on
CB nowadays

Circuit diagram of garage door remote control heja Electronics Repair 8 September 14th 04 01:58 AM
Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 08:45 PM
Maplin Remote Control Via Mobile Phone John Stumbles UK diy 6 January 13th 04 05:30 PM
remote control gaz UK diy 3 December 24th 03 08:54 PM
Home Automation, control your household lights and appliances over the internet Jim Brett UK diy 42 October 18th 03 10:00 PM