Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Chuck Reti

Default Remote Control of Lights via CB radio signal ??

In article ,
"James Nipper" wrote:

seems that I could key up a cb rig on a quiet channel , which would break
the squelch on my cb receiver at home. The breaking of that squelch should
be able to key some type of relay that would then turn my deck lights on and
off.

Keep in mind we're at a minimum in the sunspot cycle, and 27MHz is
"relatively" quiet for now. When the upper HF bands start to open up as
the cycle starts rising, you would have a very difficult time finding a
"quiet" channel many hours of the day, so you could have your lights
flashing on and off quite out of your control. How about GMRS with a
privacy code or tone control instead of CB?
--
Chuck Reti
Detroit MI

Circuit diagram of garage door remote control heja Electronics Repair 8 September 14th 04 01:58 AM
CM67 Optimum Start algorithm Set Square UK diy 115 February 13th 04 10:11 PM
Maplin Remote Control Via Mobile Phone John Stumbles UK diy 6 January 13th 04 05:30 PM
remote control gaz UK diy 3 December 24th 03 08:54 PM
Home Automation, control your household lights and appliances over the internet Jim Brett UK diy 42 October 18th 03 10:00 PM