Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

Default Old Mobile phone query.

Trying to sort out a working setup from some stuff that I have for
elederly gent, who can';t use teh tiddly little hobne he was given.
Can;t see the buttons let alone press them or work out what they are for.

Now I have two, shortly to be three. Nokia 502 banana phones, which
work, and are really easy to use, which is why they have been lovingly
collected.

The tiddly phone has a simcard that fits, its a PAYG apparently - but I
am not sure the Nokia, which was a 1.8Ghz only phone, will work with it.

The sim card is blue with a faint white semicircle on the back and what
looks like a ruler along one edge.

When I insert it in the Nokia, it says 'key on your PIN' whatever that
means. Nobody can remember there ever being a PIN or anything?

Anyway..should I give up and simply buy a PAYG sim?? Last time I trued
Orange said they couldn't sell me a sim for such an old phone, so I used
another phone to buy the sim and switched it over. It worked.

Ideas gratefully received.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

In article , The Natural
Philosopher scribeth thus
[...]

Yep

uk.telecom.mobile is thataway --------
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 11:04:25 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

[...]

Is it not "Key IN your pin" Try 0000 or as many zeros as it wants
..That's the default

Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

wrote:

[...]

Well that got me SIM CARD BLOCKED
enter your PUK code..

Am i on a hiding to nothing?
Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

Stuart B wrote:
On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 11:04:25 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:snip

Is it not "Key IN your pin" Try 0000 or as many zeros as it wants
.That's the default

Well that got me SIM CARD BLOCKED
enter your PUK code..

Am i on a hiding to nothing?

Isn't technology wonderful! g

I have exactly the same problem regarding not being able to use the infernal
things.
I did find this online the other dat:

http://www.emporialifephone.com/index.php

It may be an option, but they are quite pricey. (c 150 quid)

If I could see one *in the flesh* as it were I might be tempted.

--
¦zulu¦
Excuse any typos - my white stick keeps getting in the way...

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom.mobile,cam.misc

wrote:

[...]

So it got you access to the phone and the message saying the sim card
is blocked .What's the history of the Sim card . Has it been unused
for a while .?

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom.mobile,cam.misc

wrote:

Well that got me SIM CARD BLOCKED
enter your PUK code..

Am i on a hiding to nothing?

So it got you access to the phone and the message saying the sim card
is blocked .What's the history of the Sim card . Has it been unused
for a while .?

Years.

If its O2 it may not anyway work with a 1.8GHZ only phone..anybody know?

I am sorely tempted to ditch the sim and buy a straight orange PAYG one.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom.mobile,cam.misc

In message , at 07:38:43 on Sat, 15 Sep
2007, Huge remarked:
An unused PAYG SIM will have been HLR-reclaimed

HLR?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_..._Location_Regi
ster_.28HLR.29
--
Roland Perry
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom.mobile,cam.misc

Huge wrote in news:fcg263$1bp$2
@anubis.demon.co.uk:

On 2007-09-14, Mark wrote:

An unused PAYG SIM will have been HLR-reclaimed

HLR?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GSM_cor...tion_Register_
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom.mobile,cam.misc

On 2007-09-14, Mark wrote:

An unused PAYG SIM will have been HLR-reclaimed

HLR?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GSM_cor...tion_Register_

Fanx.

Then there's VLR, or Visitor Location Register. This is the one
that sometimes doesn't work properly and is often involved in voice and
GPRS roaming not working properly or SMS messages being delivered days
later when traveling. Putting the SIM in a different handset and
then back again can be an effective way of kicking the ******** of GSM
infrastructure.

These are glued together databases. Need to know more? ;-)

Mobile phone chargers without a phone - hype? [email protected] Electronics Repair 7 July 14th 07 03:13 PM
3 Mobile Phone alexbartman UK diy 6 February 12th 07 01:29 PM
Panasonic G520 mobile phone - dead battery or dead phone? Just Allan Electronics Repair 0 July 18th 05 01:27 PM