Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Seperating a pump from it's motor - help please

Hi,
I have a swimming pool type pump, actually from a hot tub - no inbuilt
filter but you get the idea.
The motor has gone partial short circuit so I need to get the motor rewound.
My issue is I can not see any obvious way to remove the plastic based pump
casing from the motor housing.

In the good old days a motor had a shaft with a key and it just slid on and
off.
This may be the case with this set up but there is no place to put a puller
or any shaft lock nut that I can see.

Has anyone come across this before and can shed any light?

The Motor is an ITT Marlow Type 80/2 ITT No. 00456
The pump is marked Hydro air ITT Industries J250SC

Any enlightenment received with thanks

....I've googled without any luck.

TIA

Kevin

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Kevin" wrote in message
[...]

You may well find it best to supply your rewinder with the assembly as
he will have the appropriate equipment to hand, and can get it all
back togther after rewinding.

AWEM

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Andrew Mawson
wrote:
to supply your rewinder with the assembly as
he will have the appropriate equipment to hand, and can get it all
back togther after rewinding

Or refuse to take the job.
(It's a perfectly sand business choice.)

--
Aidan
Aberdeen, Scotland

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to Kevin, Rodders NZ wrote:
I have exactly the same problem with the same pump/motor.

Did you have any success?

Rod

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy/...se-420492-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 30 August 2016 12:44:04 UTC+1, Rodders NZ wrote:
replying to Kevin, Rodders NZ wrote:

I have exactly the same problem with the same pump/motor.

Did you have any success?

Rod

We haven't seen him in what, 9 years?
Get a sensible newsgroup client: