Posted to uk.d-i-y
Kevin Kevin is offline

Default Seperating a pump from it's motor - help please

Hi,
I have a swimming pool type pump, actually from a hot tub - no inbuilt
filter but you get the idea.
The motor has gone partial short circuit so I need to get the motor rewound.
My issue is I can not see any obvious way to remove the plastic based pump
casing from the motor housing.

In the good old days a motor had a shaft with a key and it just slid on and
off.
This may be the case with this set up but there is no place to put a puller
or any shaft lock nut that I can see.

Has anyone come across this before and can shed any light?

The Motor is an ITT Marlow Type 80/2 ITT No. 00456
The pump is marked Hydro air ITT Industries J250SC

Any enlightenment received with thanks

....I've googled without any luck.

TIA

Kevin