chris

Default Plastering up a shower

Hi guys,

Ive finally installed my thermostatic shower, and im pretty sure its stopped
leaking, but now i need to plaster (then tile) over it., Wh it did leak and
the breezeblocks got soaked the paint started peeling off the adjoining
toilet wall (as youd expect), is there out there any plaster/waterproof
sealent mixture milarky that will give me peace of mind when it comes to
plastering over the pipes and channels ive made for them. The only other
way would be to plyboard it and then tile, but this would probably be even
more hassle than just filling it all in

Any ideas Appreciated as the missus has started

(thats plaster advice...not a hitman for the missus !)

Chris

StealthUK

You just have to ensure that all the pipework joints are leak free in
the first place before you plaster. You could smear some silicone
sealant over the pipe joints as a precautionary measure but it's not
considered professional!

I was once installing a heating system and when I started it up for
the first time some leaks started appearing. As I moved pipes to
resolve the leaks more leaks developed. I was puzzled as I never had
this problem ever before. Used a new batch (and brand) of flux and
never had any trouble again.
David W.E. Roberts

"chris" wrote in message
Hi guys,

Ive finally installed my thermostatic shower, and im pretty sure its

stopped
leaking, but now i need to plaster (then tile) over it., Wh it did leak

and
the breezeblocks got soaked the paint started peeling off the adjoining
toilet wall (as youd expect), is there out there any plaster/waterproof
sealent mixture milarky that will give me peace of mind when it comes to
plastering over the pipes and channels ive made for them. The only other
way would be to plyboard it and then tile, but this would probably be even
more hassle than just filling it all in

Any ideas Appreciated as the missus has started

(thats plaster advice...not a hitman for the missus !)

Chris

In addition to the other good advice, why are you using plaster?
If you are going to tile over it, you are probably better off with sand and
cement.
This is a good base for tiles, and doesn't suffer as much as plaster if it
gets damp.

HTH
Dave R

Triton T80 Shower cutting out..... BAH UK diy 6 July 11th 03 02:51 PM
Leaky AquaLisa shower AlexL UK diy 3 July 9th 03 09:27 AM
Electric Shower problem Jase UK diy 1 July 6th 03 12:59 PM
Electric shower - what rating? Alec UK diy 2 July 5th 03 08:45 PM
Is my electric shower about to fail? BigWallop UK diy 2 July 5th 03 01:57 AM