Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Sealing between slabs

Have just finished laying some slabs.

Question is, what sort of screed, mix or whatever do I need to fill in
spaces between slabs?

jamesy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

jamesy wrote:
Have just finished laying some slabs.

Question is, what sort of screed, mix or whatever do I need to fill in
spaces between slabs?

jamesy

I used 6:1 sand cement.

Weeds still manage to germinate on it though.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

jamesy wrote:
Have just finished laying some slabs.

Question is, what sort of screed, mix or whatever do I need to fill in
spaces between slabs?

jamesy

I use the B&Q gen purpose mortar (Hansen brand). Sweep it over the slabs
dry, push it down tight with a piece of wood, brush off the faces, and
use a watering can with a rose to wet it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Stuart Noble wrote:
jamesy wrote:
Have just finished laying some slabs.

Question is, what sort of screed, mix or whatever do I need to fill
in spaces between slabs?

jamesy

I use the B&Q gen purpose mortar (Hansen brand). Sweep it over the
slabs dry, push it down tight with a piece of wood, brush off the
faces, and use a watering can with a rose to wet it.

Doesn't that cause splashes which stain the slabs?

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Stuart Noble wrote:
jamesy wrote:
Have just finished laying some slabs.

Question is, what sort of screed, mix or whatever do I need to fill
in spaces between slabs?

jamesy

I use the B&Q gen purpose mortar (Hansen brand). Sweep it over the
slabs dry, push it down tight with a piece of wood, brush off the
faces, and use a watering can with a rose to wet it.

Doesn't that cause splashes which stain the slabs?

Not with a rose. A spray can be used but it's hard work, and there's a
danger that only the surface gets wet

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Aug 20, 4:25 pm, "jamesy" wrote:
Have just finished laying some slabs.

Question is, what sort of screed, mix or whatever do I need to fill in
spaces between slabs?

jamesy

4:1 building sand:cement, plenty of black die, with plenty of good
plasticiser, mix it quite stuff, and work carefully.

This is the mix I made for SHMBO to do our slate floor slabs & it
looks great.

Rick

Slabs on Drive david lang UK diy 5 September 21st 05 05:22 PM
Dry 165 yr old tree slabs Stumper Woodworking 11 July 5th 05 04:25 AM
Oak slabs Gerald Lamb Woodworking 3 March 19th 05 09:39 PM
Paving Slabs Darren Griffin - PocketGPSWorld UK diy 9 March 8th 04 07:53 PM
cleaning slabs mac UK diy 1 July 7th 03 02:54 PM