Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Trimming Wooden Blinds

Can anyone recommend a way of getting a professional finish? I need to
take 6.5cm of each side. Even taping them together and using a Bosch
jigsaw doesn't look great.

I don't mind paying a few quid extra by getting them done by someone
else. I heard that B&Q do a blind cutting service, for instance.

Thanks a lot. Ed.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Ed_Zep" wrote in message
ups.com...
Can anyone recommend a way of getting a professional finish? I need to
take 6.5cm of each side. Even taping them together and using a Bosch
jigsaw doesn't look great.

I don't mind paying a few quid extra by getting them done by someone
else. I heard that B&Q do a blind cutting service, for instance.

Thanks a lot. Ed.

Presuming you mean 'Venetian blinds' with wooden slats?

I needed to this for eleven blinds!
I firstly laid the blinds on a solid surface and banged the ends flush with
a batten then clamped the slats together. The operation was a bit iterative,
clamp- align- clamp- align until it was to my satisfaction.
Then I scribed the 'line' with a set-square and a 'Stanley' knife; trimmed
off the ends with a hand Japanese Pull-Saw; which I find easier to cut
'straight' than a conventional hand saw.

The old adage; Measure twice , cut once; works 'cos you can't add a bit
back!

--

Brian

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Aug 19, 4:43 pm, "Brian Sharrock" wrote:
"Ed_Zep" wrote in message

ups.com...

[...]

Thanks Brian.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Hi,

If you have a variable speed jigsaw try a decent fine tooth blade like
a Bosch T101A0.

cheers,
Pete.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Aug 19, 11:53 pm, Pete C wrote:
Hi,

If you have a variable speed jigsaw try a decent fine tooth blade like
a Bosch T101A0.

cheers,
Pete.

Thanks Pete. I think I have got one of those. Will try that as well.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian Sharrock" wrote in message

"Ed_Zep" wrote in message
ups.com...
Can anyone recommend a way of getting a professional finish? I need to
take 6.5cm of each side. Even taping them together and using a Bosch
jigsaw doesn't look great.

I don't mind paying a few quid extra by getting them done by someone
else. I heard that B&Q do a blind cutting service, for instance.

Thanks a lot. Ed.

Presuming you mean 'Venetian blinds' with wooden slats?

I needed to this for eleven blinds!
I firstly laid the blinds on a solid surface and banged the ends flush with a batten then clamped
the slats together. The operation was a bit iterative, clamp- align- clamp- align until it was to my
satisfaction.
Then I scribed the 'line' with a set-square and a 'Stanley' knife; trimmed off the ends with a hand
Japanese Pull-Saw; which I find easier to cut 'straight' than a conventional hand saw.

So lots of teeth and not much kerf, to minimise splintering.

Bali Vertical Blinds vs. Graber Vertical Blinds (Vynil) - which one is better? [email protected] Home Ownership 0 May 30th 06 08:20 PM
How to cut 1cm off end of Ikea wooden blinds [email protected] UK diy 26 December 3rd 05 11:15 PM
Wooden Floor Trimming stockdam UK diy 2 November 27th 05 09:38 PM
Fitting wooden venetian blinds A. UK diy 5 February 17th 04 01:35 AM
Fitting wooden venetian blinds A. Woodworking 5 February 17th 04 01:35 AM