Posted to uk.d-i-y
F F is offline

Default Miele S716 "cat and dog" vacuum cleaner

Our Miele S716 has stopped working. It had run for a few seconds and
then the red light came on and it stopped.

I assumed the thermal cut-out was the cause but having left it overnight
it still refuses to run.

Anyone any ideas? Can the thermal cut-out remain 'stuck'?

TIA

--
Frank
Posted to uk.d-i-y
TMC TMC is offline

"F" wrote in message
Our Miele S716 has stopped working. It had run for a few seconds and then
the red light came on and it stopped.

I assumed the thermal cut-out was the cause but having left it overnight
it still refuses to run.

Anyone any ideas? Can the thermal cut-out remain 'stuck'?

TIA

--
Frank

Is the beater brush jammed (assuming it has one)?

Does the thermal cut out have a reset button?

Tony

Posted to uk.d-i-y
TMC TMC is offline

"TMC" wrote in message

"F" wrote in message
Our Miele S716 has stopped working. It had run for a few seconds and then
the red light came on and it stopped.

I assumed the thermal cut-out was the cause but having left it overnight
it still refuses to run.

Anyone any ideas? Can the thermal cut-out remain 'stuck'?

TIA

--
Frank

Is the beater brush jammed (assuming it has one)?

Does the thermal cut out have a reset button?

Tony
Ignore my first suggestion as I have found that it is a cylinder machine

Tony

Posted to uk.d-i-y
F F is offline

On 16/08/2007 16:55 TMC wrote:

Does the thermal cut out have a reset button?

If it does, it's well hidden and not referred to in the manual.

--
Frank
Posted to uk.d-i-y

F wrote:
Our Miele S716 has stopped working. It had run for a few seconds and
then the red light came on and it stopped.

I assumed the thermal cut-out was the cause but having left it
overnight it still refuses to run.

Anyone any ideas? Can the thermal cut-out remain 'stuck'?

Restricted airflow due to a blockage or clogged filter is a likely candidate
for the initial cut out.

TOL's in vacs don't last very long IME, a few trips and they are knackered.
Wire it out temporaly & see if it ru
--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"TMC" wrote in message

Ignore my first suggestion as I have found that it is a cylinder machine

I wouldn't ignore it - certain variants of the Cat'n'Dog have an
electrically powered whirling brushbar of death in the head! OP didn't say
whether theirs featured the "electrobrush" - but I'm with the thermal cutout
reset - which ISTR is inside the main body poss behind the bag chamber
filter panel...?

Cheers
Dan.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
F F is offline

On 19/08/2007 14:20 Dan delaMare-Lyon wrote:

I wouldn't ignore it - certain variants of the Cat'n'Dog have an
electrically powered whirling brushbar of death in the head!

The one in question has the 'air powered' head.

I'm with the thermal cutout
reset - which ISTR is inside the main body poss behind the bag chamber
filter panel...?

I've had a look all over the machine but can't see a cutout
switch/button to press anywhere. I've even taken the black control
switch/cable rewind panel off and had a look at the circuit board but
nothing there either apart from a micro-switch which goes open circuit
when pressed. The latter seems a little odd as it's located against a
piece of plastic which the micro-switch presses against when in place.

--
Frank