Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Saw that ugly^h^h^h^h distinctive boat today....

Remember that "built from scrap" barge on Grand Designs a couple of
months back, where Mr. Social Worker ****ed away the value of a house
assembling a odd looking barge that no one would offer mooring space to?

I was on the beach today at Chalkwell on Sea (couple of miles up river
from Southend), and found myself looking at something rather odd moored
about half a mile out from the shore. Its only when it drifted round a
bit to the side I worked out what it was! Not sure if it was actually
moored there for the duration or was en-route elsewhere up the Thames,
but it would be a slightly awkward place to live - you may find yourself
on dry land once a day, but there would be a hell of a long muddy walk
to get to the shore!

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Probably being towed out to sea for gunnery practice.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Owain wrote:
John Rumm wrote:
Remember that "built from scrap" barge on Grand Designs a couple of
months back, where Mr. Social Worker ****ed away the value of a house
assembling a odd looking barge that no one would offer mooring space to?

The Medway Eco-barge?

http://www.channel4.com/4homes/ontv/.../M/medway.html

That would be the one....

Seems it's the Thames eco barge now ;-)

"there is a faint glimmer of a chance that one day this houseboat will
be, well, nearly beautiful." (Kevin)

The actual end result inside was not too bad... shame about the outside.

(I did get SWMBO to photograph it with her phone, but I expect lack of
zoom will reduce it to a few pixels!)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Aug 7, 12:50 pm, Owain wrote:

http://www.channel4.com/4homes/ontv/.../M/medway.html

Crap site, crap browser setting, crap music and crap barge.

That crap music would be best set to a video of some badly dressed,
flatulent sweeper up of bent nails and wet shavings, scraping together
a pile to **** on.

I wouldn't keep pigs in that place. Residents of Tewkesbury would have
avoided it in their darkest hour. I am proud to say I haven't watched
that programme in years. It's down there with the BBC weather
forecasts.