Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Leaking Bathroom

I hope someone can give me some help or advice as to this problem.

Our bathroom sits above our kitchen, and the bath has an electric
shower in it, with a fold up shower screen. The flooring is wooden
floor boards with lino on top. The seal around the bath near the taps,
(below the shower unit) had become a bit black, and the little rubber
seals between the screen and the bath have become worn.
Last Friday morning, we both had showers and there was a pool of water
in the kitchen. I took the side of the bath off and found the floor to
be quite damp.
Later that day, I filled the bath with cold water and re-sealed the
bath paying extra attention the the bits below the shower unit and the
bath taps.

36 hours later I ran the ahower again, and discovered more water in
the kitchen, but considerable amounts less. I now think its coming
through the seal in the shower screen, as the lino and floor just on
the side of it a wet.

1st question - I am bit worried that my bathroom is going to end up in
the kitchen, is this likely?

2nd question - How can I prevent any more leaks?

3rd - How can replace the seals on the shower screen in a cost
effective manner?

Any help will be appreciated?

Thanks

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 01:49:57 -0700, David
wrote:

[...]

The seals in the shower screen can be replaced if you know the maker
..B+Q screens are made by a company called Aquarius if thats any help .