Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Just discovered a cellar!!!

Hi

I've just discovered a cellar. It's about 2.5m x 3.0m with a vaulted
ceiling and a stone staircase leading up into the house. The ceiling
height at present is over 2.0m, but I suspect if I dig down I will
find a flagstone floor. It's still limewashed, and there are a few
iron hooks on the ceiling.

I'd like to restore it, but I'm concerned that I'm breaking so many
regulations renovating my house that reinstating a cellar might just
get me into an altogether new realm of trouble if I get caught.

Any ideas what to do with it? I quite fancy a small area where the
wife can practice the violin without me having to go outside!