MP Toolman

Default Discovered New Storage Boxes

This may be an old idea to some of the gun enthusiasts on this newsgroup, but
the idea of using plastic ammunition boxes to organize tooling was a new
inspiration to me. These boxes come in a variety of sizes and have seperators
molded into them. They are inexpensive and available at the nearest sporting
goods store.

This weekend, I discovered that boxes designed to hold larger sporting rifle
cartridges were perfect for orgnizing my assortments of #1 morse taper drill
drivers and a box designed for 12 gage shotgun shells nicely holds my supply of
Airco cutting torch tips. A lot easier and neater than drilling 50 or 100
holes in a board.

I am busy searching for additional applications in my shop. Who knows, I may
even take some ammunition out of the ratty paper boxes and put it in plastic
boxes.

Mill
Gunner

On 28 Jun 2004 01:55:20 GMT, (MP Toolman) wrote:

[...]

A lot of my centerless grinder customers use them as shipping boxes
for their work, and for core pins and sleeves in the mold industry. I
use them for holding not only ammo G but for carbide endmills and
for keyway cutters. I have a lot of 3/8 and 1/2" cutters. the 45-70
cases work find for the 1/2" and some of the boxes depending on brand,
work for 5/8 as well. I use 38-55 boxes for the 3/8" cutters

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's
cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays
there.
- George Orwell