Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT :- Q for Mary

Bumble bees are the ones that are solitary and live in the ground, yeah?

What size (roughly) are their Larvae ? Was digging in the back green
(can't remember why I was digging in the Back green, trying desperately
and failing, to remember what time of year this was and how deep I
was)saw what looked like a caterpillar/maggot thought at the time that
it was a bit big for a bee but some of the Bumble bees this year seem to
be huge so I was wondering ... No biggie just a (very)minor niggle at
the back of my mind.
--
www.cheesesoup.myby.co.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/08/2007 13:24, soup wrote:

Bumble bees are the ones that are solitary and live in the ground, yeah?

Last week I found a very large drowsy bumble bee crawling on my kitchen
floor and it started me wondering if they had lived communally like
other bees, Wikipedia seemed to suggest they live in small underground
nests of up to 50 bees.

MARYAM (MARY devd Home Repair 0 February 10th 07 10:37 PM
Mary, Mary, quite contrary ... raden UK diy 0 June 19th 06 12:32 AM
MARY Bob Woodworking 0 November 29th 05 09:19 PM
mary, you asked raden UK diy 15 September 4th 05 12:42 AM
[OT] - one for Mary raden UK diy 61 August 2nd 05 12:11 PM