Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How to Remove a Cooker Hood

We have a somewhat ancient (likely 15 to 20 years old) Tricity
recirculating type cooker hood (60cm) which I need to remove and fit a
more recent model. Unfortunately there is no possibility to fit a
hood to vent outside.

My problem is I can't see how the existing hood is fixed. The hood is
installed between wall cabinets with a cabinet above (all pretty
standard). I have removed the filter and all removable panels on the
hood but cannot locate any screws that fix it to either the wall or
the surrounding cabinets.

By sighting through the small gap between the hood and the cabinet
over it looks like there are two screws into the floor of the cabinet
over. There is no sight of fixings inside the cabinet over. The
location of the screws appears to be at the extreme back of the hood
but where I think the screws are located is covered by the hood fan
which is not removable, or if it is I'm damned if I can see how.

Unfortunately Tricity doesn't exist or rather is now Tricity-Bendix. I
have emailed them for advice but somehow doubt whether they will be
much use (perhaps I'll be surprised!). I assume (likely wrongly) that
these hoods have a pretty standard installation method, after all
there are a limited number of possibilities. Has anyone any
experience of removal/installation of these hoods that might give me
some insight how this hood is installed so I may remove?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Edward W. Thompson" wrote in message
[...]

If it is anything like the one I had many moons ago, you'll probably find
that the hood is actually 'hooked' over the heads of a couple of screws.

Try lifting the hood 1/2" or so & pull away from the wall. It'll probably be
stuck with grease & gunk accumalated over the years.

Don.

Cooker hood! [email protected] UK diy 12 September 8th 06 05:46 PM
AEG Cooker hood dazzle UK diy 2 February 2nd 06 11:28 AM
cooker hood Valerie UK diy 4 October 6th 05 06:41 PM
cooker hood davef UK diy 1 November 28th 04 10:48 PM
Cooker hood wiring again! John Greenwood UK diy 3 July 31st 03 11:10 AM