Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Paving Slab - Loss of Colour

I've just laid some patio paving slabs of the * Marshall * utility
type for a client and after laying them they have lost a great deal of
their buff colour and are now nearly white ...... also ones that have
not yet been laid after standing out in the rain have also faded
considerably ..... The client is now saying that they are not the
colour that she saw and ordered and I have to agree . They were laid
on a motar bed . A rep from the supplier has viewed them and says
that the whiteness is due to efflorescence but I have never
experienced slabs to be affected like this before and I have laid
quite a few different types including terracotta . I've never bought
Marshalls before but have laid cheaper ones from Wickes & other
suppliers with no such problem .......

Marshalls say in their brochure that this can occur & it is temporary
but I feel that its extent was never made clear as it completely
changes the appearance of the patio and not the colour that was chosen
etc. I thought that by using a branded product such as Marshalls would
be a safeoption and had I known this before I wouldn't have ordered
them .

Has anybody here had a previous experience and how long before the
original colour is restored ?

TIA for any help

How much does a 'standard' paving slab weigh? [email protected] UK diy 51 October 17th 20 08:13 AM
Concrete paving slab weights? Harry Bloomfield UK diy 9 May 13th 07 11:08 PM
Paving Adam-the-Kiwi UK diy 6 October 19th 06 06:18 AM
Blue colour instead of true colour in the monitor - how to fix it? chutney Electronics Repair 0 October 19th 06 02:03 AM
Paving Slab layout software ?? the pilot UK diy 1 February 2nd 06 03:26 AM