Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Accesibility of crimped/soldered cable joints?

Can anybody quote references from BS7671 or the OSG that says that crimped
or soldered cable joints do NOT have to be accessible for inspection?

(Something that came up in my CG2381 training today.)

--
John Stumbles

Fundamentalist agnostic
Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Stumbles wrote:
Can anybody quote references from BS7671 or the OSG that says that crimped
or soldered cable joints do NOT have to be accessible for inspection?

(Something that came up in my CG2381 training today.)

"526-04 Accessibility of connections

526-04-01 Except for the following, every connection and joint shall be
accessible for inspection, testing and maintenance:

(i) a compound-filled or encapsulated joint
(ii) a connection between a cold tail and a heating element (e.g. a
ceiling and floor heating system, a pipe traceheating system)
(iii) a joint made by welding, soldering, brazing or compression tool
(iv) a joint forming part of the equipment complying with the
appropriate product standard."

Part (iii) is the bit you are after.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 21:21:13 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

"526-04 Accessibility of connections

OK thanks, just found that myself. I'll ask the gaffer tomorrow.

How about putting that reference in the wiki article?

--
John Stumbles

Fundamentalist agnostic

accessable cable joints Dave UK diy 8 February 6th 07 10:01 PM
solderless vs soldered copper joints. Frank Home Repair 8 August 22nd 06 05:47 PM
Neater End Feed Soldered Joints - How ? [email protected] UK diy 16 September 8th 05 11:30 PM
quenching soldered joints in water Chris Home Repair 12 March 16th 05 02:19 PM
Soldered cable ends? patrick j UK diy 18 January 6th 05 06:02 PM