Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default "DIY Disasters" ....TV's worst ever DIY show?

In article ews.net,
:Jerry: wrote:
for masonry - a hammer and raw plug 'chisel' (can't think
of the correct name).

Rawltool. One for each size of plug. Hammer drills didn't make then
redundant on hard masonry - we had to wait for SDS for that.

--
*The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article
ews.net,
:Jerry: wrote:
for masonry - a hammer and raw plug 'chisel' (can't think
of the correct name).

Rawltool. One for each size of plug. Hammer drills didn't make then
redundant on hard masonry - we had to wait for SDS for that.

Indeed, I was still using the self same tool and bits in the 1980's
when helping to renovate a late 1800's heavy-engineering workshop
built out of blue engineering brick - nothing else would touch either
brick or mortar...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message ews.net
from ":Jerry:" contains these words:

Rawltool. One for each size of plug. Hammer drills didn't make then
redundant on hard masonry - we had to wait for SDS for that.

Indeed, I was still using the self same tool and bits in the 1980's
when helping to renovate a late 1800's heavy-engineering workshop
built out of blue engineering brick - nothing else would touch either
brick or mortar...

I was using them (occasionally) on the gritstone my useless hammer drill
made no impression on right up to when I bought my first SDS drill.
Can't remember exactly when but it must have been at least this
millennium as Adam (as Dribble then called himself) rubbished my choice.

--
Roger Chapman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 12:03:16 +0100, ":Jerry:"
wrote:

DIY". No humour whatsoever; just good, informative house repair and
renovation DIY.

Haven't seen that one.

Caught a couple of episodes the other day (kitchen and bedroom refits
IIRC). IMO - if you want BASIC information it's probably OK but if
you're looking for anything more, forget it. Perhaps it was just those
two programmes but the host seemed to be attempting to educate total
numb-sculls...

Yes, it is, really. Having now seen 3 instalments, I'm not so
impresssed, but I do seem to pick up about one useful idea per show,
if I'm lucky, so I'll watch it, if I happen to be vegging out in front
of the box, flicking through the channels serching for something
half-watchable. I watch Tommy watsit's "Challenge" for the same
reason.

Rick