Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Roger is offline

Default "DIY Disasters" ....TV's worst ever DIY show?

The message ews.net
from ":Jerry:" contains these words:

Rawltool. One for each size of plug. Hammer drills didn't make then
redundant on hard masonry - we had to wait for SDS for that.

Indeed, I was still using the self same tool and bits in the 1980's
when helping to renovate a late 1800's heavy-engineering workshop
built out of blue engineering brick - nothing else would touch either
brick or mortar...

I was using them (occasionally) on the gritstone my useless hammer drill
made no impression on right up to when I bought my first SDS drill.
Can't remember exactly when but it must have been at least this
millennium as Adam (as Dribble then called himself) rubbished my choice.

--
Roger Chapman