Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lidl jigsaw next Thurs, any good?

Kaiser wrote:
"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...
"Frank Erskine" wrote in message
On Fri, 06 Jul 2007 13:58:19 -0700, Weatherlawyer
wrote:

If quality blades will fit in it buy one.
What are "quality" blades?

Superb quality?
Good quality?
Medium quality?
Indifferent quality?
Low quality?
Bad quality?

Best quality?

A friend bought one to cut out a worktop for sink/drainer, it worked better
than my Bosch.

No it didn't
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

Please eff off as you are a worthless idiot troll.

Drivel, stop talking to yourself!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

If quality blades will fit in it buy one.
What are "quality" blades?

Superb quality?
Good quality?
Medium quality?
Indifferent quality?
Low quality?
Bad quality?
Best quality?

A friend bought one to cut out a worktop for sink/drainer, it worked
better than my Bosch.

No it didn't

You'd know better than I, as you've obviously used my Bosch jigsaw without
me knowing.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

If quality blades will fit in it buy one.
What are "quality" blades?

Superb quality?
Good quality?
Medium quality?
Indifferent quality?
Low quality?
Bad quality?
Best quality?

A friend bought one to cut out a worktop for sink/drainer, it worked
better than my Bosch.

No it didn't

You'd know better than I, as you've obviously used my Bosch jigsaw without
me knowing.

A green one or a blue one? Model?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

If quality blades will fit in it buy one.
What are "quality" blades?

Superb quality?
Good quality?
Medium quality?
Indifferent quality?
Low quality?
Bad quality?
Best quality?

A friend bought one to cut out a worktop for sink/drainer, it worked
better than my Bosch.

No it didn't

You'd know better than I, as you've obviously used my Bosch jigsaw without
me knowing.

Is your Bosch broken?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

If quality blades will fit in it buy one.
What are "quality" blades?

Superb quality?
Good quality?
Medium quality?
Indifferent quality?
Low quality?
Bad quality?
Best quality?

A friend bought one to cut out a worktop for sink/drainer, it worked
better than my Bosch.

No it didn't

You'd know better than I, as you've obviously used my Bosch jigsaw
without
me knowing.

A green one or a blue one? Model?

Green model PST 650 PE

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-07-07 12:07:36 +0100, "Kaiser" said:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

A green one or a blue one? Model?

Green model PST 650 PE

OK. Now it makes sense.

If you get an opportunity, try out one of their blue GST models some
time. You would be very surprised. I used to think that jig saws
were generically crap. It was quite an eye opener to see the
difference.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

If quality blades will fit in it buy one.
What are "quality" blades?

Superb quality?
Good quality?
Medium quality?
Indifferent quality?
Low quality?
Bad quality?
Best quality?

A friend bought one to cut out a worktop for sink/drainer, it worked
better than my Bosch.

No it didn't

You'd know better than I, as you've obviously used my Bosch jigsaw
without
me knowing.

A green one or a blue one? Model?

Wow! Jigsaw snobbery now.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-07-07 12:18:37 +0100, "Doctor Drivel" said:

Wow! Jigsaw snobbery now.

Don't you know anything?

Take a look at this which will explain everything.

http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/powertools/jigsaw.htm

Hopefully there are not too many difficult words

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

If quality blades will fit in it buy one.
What are "quality" blades?

Superb quality?
Good quality?
Medium quality?
Indifferent quality?
Low quality?
Bad quality?
Best quality?

A friend bought one to cut out a worktop for sink/drainer, it worked
better than my Bosch.

No it didn't

You made that up.

Yes, I wanted to get a tennis match going. Kindly repost, saying simply
"Yes it did" followed by "you are an effing plant pot" or similar
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-07-07 12:07:36 +0100, "Kaiser" said:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

A green one or a blue one? Model?

Green model PST 650 PE

OK. Now it makes sense.

If you get an opportunity, try out one of their blue GST models some time.
You would be very surprised. I used to think that jig saws were
generically crap. It was quite an eye opener to see the difference.

I wouldn't use it often enough to warrant spending £100+ .

I've only used the one I've got twice in 6 years.

The Lidl jigsaws were not around 6 years ago when I bought the Bosch, and
three years guarantee was unheard of then on tools of that price.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-07-07 12:07:36 +0100, "Kaiser" said:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

A green one or a blue one? Model?

Green model PST 650 PE

OK. Now it makes sense.

If you get an opportunity, try out one of their blue GST models some time.
You would be very surprised. I used to think that jig saws were
generically crap. It was quite an eye opener to see the difference.

Why should he when the Lidl one does the same and cheaper and a 3 yr
guarantee. He knows he has used them. You haven't as you are Matt.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Andy Hall wrote:
Green model PST 650 PE

OK. Now it makes sense.

If you get an opportunity, try out one of their blue GST models some
time. You would be very surprised. I used to think that jig saws
were generically crap. It was quite an eye opener to see the
difference.

I've got the PST 700 PAE (green)which is very good. It's pretty old and
I'm not sure they did a 'blue' range then. It was expensive.

--
*Some days you're the dog, some days the hydrant.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-07-07 12:07:36 +0100, "Kaiser" said:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

A green one or a blue one? Model?

Green model PST 650 PE

OK. Now it makes sense.

So Bosch are not above producing crap then.

If you get an opportunity, try out one of their blue GST models some
time. You would be very surprised. I used to think that jig saws
were generically crap. It was quite an eye opener to see the difference.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

":Jerry:" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

Please eff off as you are a worthless idiot troll.

Drivel, stop talking to yourself!

such wit.

No, just such truth...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-07-07 12:44:00 +0100, Stuart Noble

On 2007-07-07 12:07:36 +0100, "Kaiser" said:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

A green one or a blue one? Model?

Green model PST 650 PE

OK. Now it makes sense.

So Bosch are not above producing crap then.

I didn't say that it was crap. You did.

The blue range of products are engineered to a higher standard than the
green ones. Go and take a look and compare them.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-07-07 12:07:36 +0100, "Kaiser" said:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

A green one or a blue one? Model?

Green model PST 650 PE

OK. Now it makes sense.

If you get an opportunity, try out one of their blue GST models some
time. You would be very surprised. I used to think that jig saws
were generically crap. It was quite an eye opener to see the
difference.

Why should he when the Lidl one does the same

because it doesn't

and cheaper

not relevant when comparing apples and pairs.

and a 3 yr guarantee.

Actually so does Bosch, but that is somewhat irrelevant.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-07-07 12:07:36 +0100, "Kaiser" said:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

A green one or a blue one? Model?

Green model PST 650 PE

OK. Now it makes sense.

If you get an opportunity, try out one of their blue GST models some time.
You would be very surprised. I used to think that jig saws were
generically crap. It was quite an eye opener to see the difference.

I wouldn't use it often enough to warrant spending £100+ .

I've only used the one I've got twice in 6 years.

The Lidl jigsaws were not around 6 years ago when I bought the Bosch, and
three years guarantee was unheard of then on tools of that price.

It's a circular argument really.

I only used the old B&D that I had very occasionally and frankly
wouldn't have replaced it with another at £30 because the quality of
the cut achievable was so poor.

I use the Bosch GST quite a bit, largely because it can do a great deal
more, including quite precise cuts and good finish. Seen in those
terms, it's certainly worth its investment and shelf space.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-07-07 12:07:36 +0100, "Kaiser" said:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

A green one or a blue one? Model?

Green model PST 650 PE

OK. Now it makes sense.

If you get an opportunity, try out one of their blue GST models some
time. You would be very surprised. I used to think that jig saws were
generically crap. It was quite an eye opener to see the difference.

Why should he when the Lidl one does the same

because it doesn't

and cheaper

not relevant when comparing apples and pairs.

and a 3 yr guarantee.

Actually so does Bosch, but that is somewhat irrelevant.

The Lidl machine is made in Switzerland.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

":Jerry:" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

":Jerry:" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

Please eff off as you are a worthless idiot troll.

Drivel, stop talking to yourself!

such wit.

No, just such truth...

NO. the truth is that you are witless.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-07-07 12:07:36 +0100, "Kaiser" said:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

[...]

But the Lidl one is just the same and cheaper.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ews.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
I looked at that last time it was on offer. It looks a substantial piece
of kit. Well made and sturdy. I would say with a good sharp blade it
would not wander.

Can you buy blunt blades? I suppose you must be able to given the number
of these cheap jigsaws that wander...

The worst ones are stamped from sheet metal, and hence have a sharp burr
on one side. So they naturally want to cut a circle.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Stuart Noble wrote:

So Bosch are not above producing crap then.

Many of the green tools are nothing special - it seems to be a bit of a
mixed bag... I used a green Bosch jigsaw the other day, and it was no
more refined than my old B&D. I have seen several green two speed
electric drills with failed speed controllers. My green orbital sander
is ok, but vibration control is not that good. The green random orbit
sander (PEX 400) though is not too bad.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Doctor Drivel wrote:

The Lidl machine is made in Switzerland.

Well that seals the whole debate... what was Harry Lime said: "In
Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy
and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

We can now add the "swatch" and a Lidl Jigsaw as recommended by dribble.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:

The Lidl machine is made in Switzerland.

Well that seals the whole debate...

Thank you.

what was Harry Lime said: "In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they
had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The
cuckoo clock."

What do you want nuclear weapons to kill everyone!!!! In fact the world
centre of timepiece technology and manufacture was Prescot on the outskirts
of Liverpool, before Switzerland knew what a cuckoo clock was.

snip drivel

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "Doctor Drivel"
saying something like:

Actually so does Bosch, but that is somewhat irrelevant.

The Lidl machine is made in Switzerland.

So is Toblerone, but I wouldn't cut wood with that.
--

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember John Rumm
saying something like:

So Bosch are not above producing crap then.

Many of the green tools are nothing special - it seems to be a bit of a
mixed bag...

Indeed. I have a green jigsaw (need to get a bit for it and keep it as a
spare) which was ok, but not as good as the DeWalt which replaced it;
the green SDS drill takes a lot of daily stick and never falters - it's
been doing that for 6 years; the old blue 2-sp hammer drill (Swiss made)
is permanently coupled to a right-angle attachment for joists and never
lets me down.

So, it depends on the tool. And the user, of course- some eejits can
kill a power tool in a day.
--

Dave

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Grimly Curmudgeon" wrote in message
drugs began to take hold. I remember "Doctor Drivel"
saying something like:

Actually so does Bosch, but that is somewhat irrelevant.

The Lidl machine is made in Switzerland.

So is Toblerone,

Gosh!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
drugs began to take hold. I remember "Doctor Drivel"
saying something like:

Actually so does Bosch, but that is somewhat irrelevant.

The Lidl machine is made in Switzerland.

So is Toblerone, but I wouldn't cut wood with that.

You could say something at this end of the market made in an expensive
country is likely to offer even poorer value for money than a Chinese one.
Unless they are being sold at a loss.

--
*Why are a wise man and a wise guy opposites? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-07-07 18:09:56 +0100, Grimly Curmudgeon
said:

drugs began to take hold. I remember "Doctor Drivel"
saying something like:

Actually so does Bosch, but that is somewhat irrelevant.

The Lidl machine is made in Switzerland.

So is Toblerone, but I wouldn't cut wood with that.

It's a real anomaly. Generally the Swiss make pretty good chocolate
(although I prefer Belgian) but this product might as well have been
made by Cadbury's.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-07-07 12:07:36 +0100, "Kaiser" said:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

A green one or a blue one? Model?

Green model PST 650 PE

OK. Now it makes sense.

If you get an opportunity, try out one of their blue GST models some
time. You would be very surprised. I used to think that jig saws
were generically crap. It was quite an eye opener to see the
difference.

I'll second that, except I was converted by the Makita 4341 - different
kettle of fish to any jigsaw I have ever used before.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jul 7, 12:11 am, Frank Erskine
wrote:
Superb quality?
Good quality?
Medium quality?
Indifferent quality?
Low quality?
Bad quality?

These are very good:

http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-T101B-4-...th-T-Shank/dp/
B0000223G7/ref=pd_sim_hi_1/002-9494067-9843200
http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-T101D-4-...th-T-Shank/dp/
B0000223G6/ref=pd_sim_hi_4/002-9494067-9843200

They do a down cutting version too.

cheers,
Pete.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

You could say something at this end of the market made in an expensive
country is likely to offer even poorer value for money than a Chinese one.
Unless they are being sold at a loss.

OTOH Swiss tools are frequently assembled by robot to cut costs. The
last time I was in Swissland I watched a program on local TV about
making hammers[1]. Almost 100% of the work was done by robot.

[1] OK I can['t think which was the sadder, me for watching it or them
for making it. It had a phone in quiz, first prize a hammer, second
prize a hammer and third prize a hammer.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-07-07 23:03:49 +0100, (Steve Firth) said:

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

You could say something at this end of the market made in an expensive
country is likely to offer even poorer value for money than a Chinese one.
Unless they are being sold at a loss.

OTOH Swiss tools are frequently assembled by robot to cut costs. The
last time I was in Swissland I watched a program on local TV about
making hammers[1]. Almost 100% of the work was done by robot.

[1] OK I can['t think which was the sadder, me for watching it or them
for making it. It had a phone in quiz, first prize a hammer, second
prize a hammer and third prize a hammer.

If I had a hammer.....

Let's be honest though... many Swiss are difficult to discern from
robots anyway. ;-)

Reminder - Woodcraft 10% Off Sale Thurs 7-27 JBD in Denver Woodworking 0 July 27th 06 02:36 AM
SDS @ Lidl cupra UK diy 0 July 13th 06 12:15 PM
Jigsaw Blades: Einhell EPST 710W Jigsaw Cw Laser 44.720.42 AMO UK diy 4 July 8th 06 05:23 PM
Lidl again! David Lang UK diy 35 July 28th 05 10:48 PM
DIY at Lidl Mary Fisher UK diy 1 January 20th 05 02:34 PM