Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Prius bashing

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

":Jerry:" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

snip

The Prius is NOT complicated,

Whooosh....

Wow, a flock of pigs have just flown past!

This displays your lack of simple technical comprehension.

No, your comment displays your total lack of understanding beyond what
the drivers manual and the marketing blurb says - the *principle* of
the technology is simple, the *application* of the technology is far
from simple.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

":Jerry:" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

":Jerry:" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

snip

The Prius is NOT complicated,

Whooosh....

Wow, a flock of pigs have just flown past!

This displays your lack of simple technical comprehension.

No,

I repeat..."This displays your lack of simple technical comprehension."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

":Jerry:" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

":Jerry:" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

snip

The Prius is NOT complicated,

Whooosh....

Wow, a flock of pigs have just flown past!

This displays your lack of simple technical comprehension.

No,

I repeat..."This displays your lack of simple technical
comprehension."

....Sigh, and I'll repeat...
"No, your [original] comment displays your total lack of understanding
beyond what
the drivers manual and the marketing blurb says - the *principle* of
the technology is simple, the *application* of the technology is far
from simple."

Tell us Drivel, what are your qualification in the automotive
industry?....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ews.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
The Prius is NOT complicated,

Whooosh....

Wow, a flock of pigs have just flown past!

This displays your lack of simple technical comprehension.

No,

I repeat..."This displays your lack of simple technical comprehension."

This from a 'man' who had to ask this group how to wire a two way switched
circuit. But claims to find motor control, battery charging, regenerative
braking etc 'not complicated'.

--
*A closed mouth gathers no feet.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ews.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
The Prius is NOT complicated,

Whooosh....

Wow, a flock of pigs have just flown past!

This displays your lack of simple technical comprehension.

No,

I repeat..."This displays your lack of simple technical comprehension."

This

Please eff off as you are a troll.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ews.net,
:Jerry: wrote:
Tell us Drivel, what are your qualification in the automotive
industry?....

No point in asking. He'd just lie about that as everything else. He's
claimed to have a degree of some sort in the past. But even then wouldn't
say where he'd bought it.

--
*Sometimes I wake up grumpy; Other times I let him sleep.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Doctor Drivel wrote:
The Prius is NOT complicated,

Whooosh....

Wow, a flock of pigs have just flown past!

This displays your lack of simple technical comprehension.

No,

I repeat..."This displays your lack of simple technical
comprehension."

This from a 'man' who had to ask this group how to wire a two way
switched circuit. But claims to find motor control, battery charging,
regenerative braking etc 'not complicated'.

Please eff off as you are a troll.

You don't have an answer when confronted by the truth, then?

--
*Why is it that doctors call what they do "practice"?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

":Jerry:" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

":Jerry:" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

":Jerry:" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

snip

The Prius is NOT complicated,

Whooosh....

Wow, a flock of pigs have just flown past!

This displays your lack of simple technical comprehension.

No,

I repeat..."This displays your lack of simple technical comprehension."

...Sigh, and I'll repeat...
"No, your [original] comment displays your total lack of understanding
beyond what
the drivers manual and the marketing blurb says - the *principle* of
the technology is simple, the *application* of the technology is far
from simple."

The management system is the far from simple part.

Tell us Drivel, what are your qualification in the automotive
industry?....

I have science degree and I am just pain brilliant at things and life.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

:Jerry: wrote:
Tell us Drivel, what are your qualification in the automotive
industry?....

No

Please eff off you are an idiot.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Doctor Drivel wrote:
The Prius is NOT complicated,

Whooosh....

Wow, a flock of pigs have just flown past!

This displays your lack of simple technical comprehension.

No,

I repeat..."This displays your lack of simple technical
comprehension."

This from a 'man' who had to ask this group how to wire a two way
switched circuit. But claims to find motor control, battery charging,
regenerative braking etc 'not complicated'.

Please eff off as you are a troll.

You

Please eff off as you are a troll.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

":Jerry:" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

":Jerry:" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

":Jerry:" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

snip

The Prius is NOT complicated,

Whooosh....

Wow, a flock of pigs have just flown past!

This displays your lack of simple technical comprehension.

No,

I repeat..."This displays your lack of simple technical
comprehension."

...Sigh, and I'll repeat...
"No, your [original] comment displays your total lack of
understanding beyond what
the drivers manual and the marketing blurb says - the *principle*
of
the technology is simple, the *application* of the technology is
far
from simple."

The management system is the far from simple part.

So you now finally agree that it's not "very simple", remember that
without the complex parts working the simple parts are scrap metal!

Tell us Drivel, what are your qualification in the automotive
industry?....

I have science degree and I am just pain brilliant at things and
life.

Liar, if true you will be able to say were you gained the degree (and
what in), this of course can then be checked up on...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

":Jerry:" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

":Jerry:" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

":Jerry:" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

":Jerry:" wrote in message
reenews.net...

[...]

Liar,

......and pants on fire.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message ews.net
from ":Jerry:" contains these words:

Tell us Drivel, what are your qualification in the automotive
industry?....

I have science degree and I am just pain brilliant at things and
life.

Even domestic science would be beyond him.

Liar, if true you will be able to say were you gained the degree (and
what in), this of course can then be checked up on...

What bunch of shysters did he buy his degree certificate from. Dribbles
lack of understanding must have precluded him from obtaining on merit
any qualification that requires rational thought.

--
Roger Chapman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Roger" wrote in message
k...
The message ews.net
from ":Jerry:" contains these words:

Tell us Drivel, what are your qualification in the automotive
industry?....

I have science degree and I am just pain brilliant at things and
life.

Even

Roger is a plantpot you know.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Doctor Drivel wrote:

Tell us Drivel, what are your qualification in the automotive
industry?....

I have science degree

Hence you inability to comprehend basic usage of units etc? What was the
last one kW/hour I seem to recall. LOL.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:

Tell us Drivel, what are your qualification in the automotive
industry?....

I have science degree

Hence

This man is from Essex you know.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "Dave Plowman (News)"
saying something like:

Tell us Drivel, what are your qualification in the automotive
industry?....

No point in asking. He'd just lie about that as everything else. He's
claimed to have a degree of some sort in the past. But even then wouldn't
say where he'd bought it.

Same place as Gillian McKeith, iwt.
--

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Grimly Curmudgeon" wrote in message
drugs began to take hold. I remember "Dave Plowman (News)"
saying something like:

Tell us Drivel, what are your qualification in the automotive
industry?....

No

A plantpot and a troll all together.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

":Jerry:" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

snip

The Prius is NOT complicated,

Whooosh....

Wow, a flock of pigs have just flown past!

This displays your lack of simple technical comprehension.

I guess the Prius is simple, just like the space shuttle. Take two tanks,
fill one with liquid hydrogen and t'other with liquid oxygen, two pumps to
push the liquids into some giant upturned plantpots, a few sparks and
whooosh!!! into orbit and circling the earth. So simple really, no
complication whatsoever :-)

Julian.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

snip

A plantpot and a troll all together.

You mean that you have a twin?!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

":Jerry:" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

snip

A plantpot and a troll all together.

You mean that you have a twin?!

Wow! He thinks that's wit. Gosh.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "Julian" saying
something like:

I guess the Prius is simple, just like the space shuttle. Take two tanks,
fill one with liquid hydrogen and t'other with liquid oxygen, two pumps to
push the liquids into some giant upturned plantpots, a few sparks and
whooosh!!! into orbit and circling the earth. So simple really, no
complication whatsoever :-)

Just what Von Braun said.
--

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Grimly Curmudgeon" wrote in message
drugs began to take hold. I remember "Julian" saying
something like:

I guess the Prius is simple, just like the space shuttle. Take two tanks,
fill one with liquid hydrogen and t'other with liquid oxygen, two pumps to
push the liquids into some giant upturned plantpots, a few sparks and
whooosh!!! into orbit and circling the earth. So simple really, no
complication whatsoever :-)

Just what Von Braun said.

Rockets are simple.. they only used them for a few minutes out of the three
days it took to get to and from the moon.
Keeping the crew occupied was the hard part.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/07/2007 19:17, Bob Eager wrote:

"please eff off as you are a plantpot". It does this a lot, as it's very
poor quality software.

Please tell me more about your father ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
On 06/07/2007 19:17, Bob Eager wrote:

"please eff off as you are a plantpot". It does this a lot, as it's
very
poor quality software.

Please tell me more about your father ...

His name was Bill, or was it Ben...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Doctor Drivel ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

I wonder what the residual values of the P will be like when they get
to say 5-7 years old?

Good. It has been around for 10 years in two forms.

In the UK, it's only been about in any kind of volume for a couple of years
in one form.

And it's currently very fashionable - which can only help residuals.

Wonder what'll happen in a couple of years as supply of used cars rises and
demand falls as fashion moves on...?

The Prius is the most reliable car in the world. Ask JD Power.

chortle

The Prius is NOT complicated, when the basics of operation is known;
read my description it is not difficult.

Then read an accurate description...

Put a rotary engine in it and simpler again.

Wankel-Hybrid...
boggle
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Adrian" wrote in message
. 245.131...
Doctor Drivel ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

I wonder what the residual values of the P will be like when they get
to say 5-7 years old?

Good. It has been around for 10 years in two forms.

In the UK, it's only been about in any kind of volume for a couple of
years
in one form.

Both models were sold in the UK.

And it's currently very fashionable - which can only help residuals.

It is also cheap to run and service and holds its price. And a dream to
drive. and reduces pollution, etc, etc.

Wonder what'll happen in a couple of years as supply of used cars rises
and
demand falls as fashion moves on...?

Demand may fall for this model as newer hybrids will be around. The hybrid
is here to stay and is increasing in sales and models You didn't know
that.

The Prius is the most reliable car in the world. Ask JD Power.

chortle

Did you ask them?

The Prius is NOT complicated, when the basics of operation is known;
read my description it is not difficult.

Then read an accurate description...

Idiot, I said "read my description it is not difficult."

Put a rotary engine in it and simpler again.

Wankel-Hybrid...
boggle

It would be boggling to a Muppet like you.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"Adrian" wrote in message
. 245.131...
Doctor Drivel ) gurgled happily, sounding much
like
they were saying :

snip

The Prius is NOT complicated, when the basics of operation is
known;
read my description it is not difficult.

Then read an accurate description...

Idiot, I said "read my description it is not difficult."

Driving the car might be....

Put a rotary engine in it and simpler again.

Wankel-Hybrid...
boggle

It would be boggling to a Muppet like you.

Well Drivel, were would one find the 'tip seals', seeing that you now
so much about rotory engines?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Doctor Drivel ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

Good. It has been around for 10 years in two forms.

In the UK, it's only been about in any kind of volume for a couple of
years in one form.

Both models were sold in the UK.

Indeed it was. But that doesn't mean my statement's wrong, does it?

I think I've seen three of the old-shape Pious.

The Prius is NOT complicated, when the basics of operation is known;
read my description it is not difficult.

Then read an accurate description...

Idiot,

You are.

I said "read my description it is not difficult."

I know. And I said "Then read an accurate description". Preferably one that
doesn't try to deny the existence of major components.

Put a rotary engine in it and simpler again.

Wankel-Hybrid...
boggle

It would be boggling to a Muppet like you.

It certainly would. Hell, it might be almost as economical as a normal
petrol-engined car.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Adrian" wrote in message
. 245.131...
[...]

Do a Google on the Quasiturbine.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Doctor Drivel ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying :

Put a rotary engine in it and simpler again.

Wankel-Hybrid...
boggle

It would be boggling to a Muppet like you.

It certainly would. Hell, it might be almost as economical as a normal
petrol-engined car.

Do a Google on the Quasiturbine.

Meanwhile, in the real world...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/07/2007 10:42, :Jerry: wrote:

"Andy Burns" wrote in message

Please tell me more about your father ...

His name was Bill, or was it Ben...

That is quite interesting.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
Please tell me more about your father ...

His name was Bill, or was it Ben...

That is quite interesting.

Only if you take it out the context...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Doctor Drivel ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

Do a Google on the Quasiturbine.

Meanwhile, in the real world...

You can't Google?

Yes, I can, thank you.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"Adrian" wrote in message
. 245.131...
Doctor Drivel ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

Do a Google on the Quasiturbine.

Meanwhile, in the real world...

You can't Google?

Yes, I can, thank you.

Gosh!

Now, now!

0-62MPH in 10.9 seconds on full power (latest model, Toyota figures). Hardly
a snail and hardly "very well indeed". Just sort of ... average really (but
accelerating like that would blow your economy figures). Beats the diesel
Galaxy by 0.3s

0-6MPH, now we're talking - might beat a push bike (and a Ferrari, to be
fair). That's electrics for you.

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bob Mannix" wrote in message

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"Adrian" wrote in message
. 245.131...
Doctor Drivel ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

Do a Google on the Quasiturbine.

Meanwhile, in the real world...

You can't Google?

Yes, I can, thank you.

Gosh!

Now, now!

0-62MPH in 10.9 seconds on full power (latest model, Toyota figures).
Hardly a snail and hardly "very well indeed".

It is very well indeed. Accelerating hard blows all economy figure in all
cars. Gosh!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "dennis@home"
saying something like:

Rockets are simple.. they only used them for a few minutes out of the three
days it took to get to and from the moon.
Keeping the crew occupied was the hard part.

Kept them busy enough on 13.
--

Dave

Turn your Prius into a UPS Andy Dingley UK diy 16 January 5th 06 09:24 PM
Prius Steve Firth UK diy 22 December 19th 05 01:27 PM
I saw a Prius yersterday raden UK diy 494 August 25th 05 11:37 PM
The Art Of Bose Bashing And Amar's Supposed Descent Into Mediocrity John Larkin Electronics Repair 2 August 25th 04 06:11 PM