Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Prius bashing

Doctor Drivel wrote:

It is so way off the mark, it is just lies. It doesn't correspond with
other Prius drivers either. Amazing only the nut on here say silly
things like you. did.

Most reports I have read have said the ride and handling are fairly
lame. You probably just have low standards and are easily pleased.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
.. .
Doctor Drivel wrote:

What about the Hyundai Getz (sp?).

More like it, Drivel drives a Korean ****heap.

A Japanese advanced design called a Prius. Hyundai were the most reliable
cars in the USA. 5 yr guarantees.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:

It is so way off the mark, it is just lies. It doesn't correspond with
other Prius drivers either. Amazing only the nut on here say silly
things like you. did.

Most reports I have read have said the ride and handling are fairly lame.

The handling is as good as another similar sized car. The road noise is more
apparent as there is alack of engine/transmision noises, but overall far
quieter than other cars.

You probably just have low standards and are easily pleased.

I have very high standards that is why I went for a Prius. Seamless
progression and quietness. It can keep up with other cars on acceleration
and motorways too. Brilliant and stress free around a city. More and more
hybrids are coming on to the market, you will be delighted when your get
your first.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Doctor Drivel ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

Most reports I have read have said the ride and handling are fairly
lame.

The handling is as good as another similar sized car.

As long as that other similar sized car is another insipid generic Japanese
hatch.

The road noise is more apparent as there is alack of engine/transmision
noises, but overall far quieter than other cars.

No, it really really isn't - unless you're using the ZEV mode, the engine
noise is very intrusive. Since ZEV mode is only at very low speed, the
excessive road noise doesn't come into play at that point.

You probably just have low standards and are easily pleased.

I have very high standards that is why I went for a Prius. Seamless
progression

Umm, yes... Most cars'll do that...

and quietness.

If you're wearing earplugs.

It can keep up with other cars on acceleration and motorways too.

106mph and 10.6sec to 60. Hardly a ball of fire. Slower than a diesel
Yaris, and with official economy/emission figures not much better. Oh, and
that's before you factor in the _big_ gap between official and real-world
figures for Hybrids. Not much quicker, less economical and with almost
identical offical CO2 to a diesel C1/107/Aygo.

Brilliant and stress free around a city.

Walk, cycle or use PT, you idle ****er.

More and more hybrids are coming on to the market

Strange how few manufacturers are actually diving in there, though. Just
Honda (with the Civic which doesn't have a ZEV mode, and requires the
petrol engine to be running at all times) and Toyota have bothered in the
UK. Oh, and a bunch of 'merkins slapping it onto pickup trucks the size of
Wales.

PSA have had stop-start technology in production for a few years, but VW
had it working fine in the '80s. PSA had battery-power-boost very similar
to Honda's IMA in the mid '90s.

Yet PSA reckon that their own Pious-style hybrid (but with a diesel and
low-90g/km claimed CO2) will be several more years until it's market-ready,
and even then it won't be even vaguely profitable.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Adrian" wrote in message
. 245.131...
Doctor Drivel ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

Most reports I have read have said the ride and handling are fairly
lame.

The handling is as good as another similar sized car.

As long as

....Another idiot troll...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Doctor Drivel ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying :

...Another idiot troll...

Yes, you are.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
Most reports I have read have said the ride and handling are fairly
lame.

The handling is as good as another similar sized car.

No it's not. Try driving the competition. If you aren't capable of
assessing such things as is likely take the word of those who are.
No road test anywhere has put it at the top of the class for ride and
handling.

The road noise is more apparent as there is alack of engine/transmision
noises, but overall far quieter than other cars.

Sigh. Again, read reports where they measure such things. It's poor
because of the very necessary attempt at weight saving by reducing the
insulation. Nor is there a lack of engine noise - it is intrusive and
unpleasant when working hard - as it has to on the open road.

You probably just have low standards and are easily pleased.

I have very high standards that is why I went for a Prius. Seamless
progression and quietness.

Just like any decent automatic. Something else you should try before
talking rubbish.

It can keep up with other cars on
acceleration and motorways too.

All of which just prove you've never driven one - or have nothing to
compare it to. It is the worst performing 20,000 quid car on the motorway
- and by quite some margin.

Brilliant and stress free around a city.
More and more hybrids are coming on to the market, you will be
delighted when your get your first.

But not when you come to trade it in.

--
*Eat well, stay fit, die anyway

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
Most reports I have read have said the ride and handling are fairly
lame.

The handling is as good as another similar sized car.

No

Please eff off as you a worthless idiot troll.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-07-06 09:43:40 +0100, "Doctor Drivel" said:

I have very high standards that is why I went for a Prius.

No you don't. Your standard gambit is always cheapness.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-07-06 09:43:40 +0100, "Doctor Drivel" said:

I have very high standards that is why I went for a Prius.

No you don't. Your standard gambit is always cheapness.

Nope value for money and buy the product to suit the job with
price/performance in mind. That is why I bought a Prius, and all the stars
drive them too - so I am naturally super trendy as well.

Only plebhead drive diesels.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-07-06 09:43:40 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
said:

I have very high standards that is why I went for a Prius.

No you don't. Your standard gambit is always cheapness.

That's simply untrue Andy, Drivel often says he buys expencive
products, trouble is most of them seem to fall into the 'expencive
crap' description - hence, assuming he isn't lying, he owns a Prius...

Anyway the real issue with vehicles like the Prius (and to a lesser
extent any current motor car) is whilst using them decreases certain
emissions the production *and disposal* of the vehicle (or time
expired components within) actually can create even worse pollution -
often in countries that are not equipped to deal with the consequences
of such pollution.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Doctor Drivel ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

all the stars drive them too - so I am naturally super trendy as well.

Only plebhead drive diesels.

Without logic and mature debate such as this, where *would* mankind be
today?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Adrian" wrote in message
. 245.131...
Doctor Drivel ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

all the stars drive them too - so I am naturally super trendy as well.

Only plebhead drive diesels.

Without logic

Ooozzzzing with logic!!!!

and mature debate such as this,

I am a natural debator - as I am brighter than you.

where *would* mankind be

I dread to think.
today?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ews.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
I have very high standards that is why I went for a Prius.

No you don't. Your standard gambit is always cheapness.

Nope value for money and buy the product to suit the job with
price/performance in mind.

Just shows why you're the laughing stock when you pronounce on things like
tools too. And central heating. You have *absolutely* *no* *idea* when it
comes to value for money. Which simply proves you only read adverts and
have no practical experience of any of the products you promote. Sad,
really. Information gleaned from adverts is often worth passing on. But
not when you claim it as experience of that product.

--
*We are born naked, wet, and hungry. Then things get worse.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ews.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
I am a natural debator - as I am brighter than you.

I think most would agree you are a master debater.

--
*Change is inevitable ... except from vending machines *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

":Jerry:" wrote in message
reenews.net...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Adrian" wrote in message
. 245.131...
Doctor Drivel ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

all the stars drive them too - so I am naturally super trendy as well.

Only plebheads drive diesels.

Without logic and mature debate such as this, where *would* mankind be
today?

Exactly!!!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Doctor Drivel wrote:
I am a natural debator - as I am brighter than you.

I think

Please eff off as you a worthless idiot troll.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

":Jerry:" wrote in message
reenews.net...

snip

Anyway the real issue with vehicles like the Prius (and to a lesser
extent any current motor car) is whilst using them decreases
certain emissions the production *and disposal* of the vehicle (or
time expired components within) actually can create even worse
pollution - often in countries that are not equipped to deal with
the consequences of such pollution.

You made that up.

Not at all, consider the raw materials used to make catalytic
converters or the production and disposal problems of electronic
components for example.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Doctor Drivel wrote:
Most reports I have read have said the ride and handling are fairly
lame.

The handling is as good as another similar sized car.

No

Please eff off as you a worthless idiot troll.

Sorry, can't see a good place to push in, so here's as good a place as any
:-)

I wonder what the residual values of the P will be like when they get to say
5-7 years old? You'll have to be very brave to take one on IMHO. New cells
(how many!?) or bsuggered motors in the transaxle or duff CVT are going to
cost more than the car's worth... I'll bet some company, before long, offers
an engine/box transplant from (say) a Focus, or finds a way of running it on
engine power alone with no batteries...

Also It's not obvious to me why they just didn't adopt a drivetrain similar
to that as used on a Diesel electric submarine. As it is now it seems huge
complication for little gain.

Julian.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Doctor Drivel wrote:
[...]

*MARKETING*.

It has to be radically 'wunderfool' to allw the suits to prattle on
about it, and lend credence to its spurious green potential.

hat you must shake off, is that stuff has to be different, it just has
to be *perceived* as different.

Like Tony Bliar. A gutless Thatcherite at core. But everyone thought he
was Laber.

Julian.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Julian" wrote in message

I wonder what the residual values of the P will be like when they get to
say 5-7 years old?

Good. It has been around for 10 years in two forms.

You'll have to be very brave to take one on IMHO. New cells (how many!?)
or bsuggered motors in the transaxle or duff CVT are going to cost more
than the car's worth...

The batteries, elec motor and power-splitter, are guaranteed for 8 years,
with a 12 years expected life on batteries and 20 plus on other components.

So at 12 years, say if the it needs battery set that is no more than, and in
12 years probably a hell of a lot cheaper with superior batteries, than say
a gbox replacement on a crap normal car. The batteries in 12 years time will
be cheaper and far superior to the current crop of batteries, also the Pius
has a large battery compartment which the set does not fully occupy. It was
supposed to have a large battery set. There was shortage of batteries at the
time so they cut down. Fill the compartment with superior cells and the
thing will sing. Give it a mains charge adaptor, as in CalCars in
California, and voila!

I'll bet some company, before long, offers an engine/box transplant from
(say) a Focus, or finds a way of running it on engine power alone with no
batteries...

I doubt it as it has fewer and simpler components than a normal car. The
Prius is the most reliable car in the world. Ask JD Power.

Also It's not obvious to me why they just didn't adopt a drivetrain
similar to that as used on a Diesel electric submarine. As it is now it
seems huge complication for little gain.

The Prius is NOT complicated, when the basics of operation is known; read my
description it is not difficult. It is SIMPLE. Put a rotary engine in it
and simpler again. In 5 years time put a new Lith Poly battery set in to
fill the battery bay and a mains charger and the car sings

There are numerous hybrids now, especially in the USA and Japan. Expect
them to get better and better. The best is yet to come. And you will say in
6 years time, that Dr Drivel was right. ..and naturally fell a right prat.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-07-06 19:01:07 +0100, "Doctor Drivel" said:
And you will say in 6 years time, that Dr Drivel was right. ..and
naturally fell a right prat.

Would you prefer that we use an axe or a chainsaw ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 6 Jul 2007 11:54:20 UTC, Adrian wrote:

Doctor Drivel ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

all the stars drive them too - so I am naturally super trendy as well.

Only plebhead drive diesels.

Without logic and mature debate such as this, where *would* mankind be
today?

What you have to remember is that Drivel is either:

a) an idiot schoolboy with motoring and plumbing fantasies, or
b) a badly implemented Eliza-type program (type into Google if you don't
know)

My favourite is (b), but it's a pretty basic implementation. It pastes
in random publicity blurbs from boiler manufacturers and car
manufacturers, and its fallback (if it can't understand, or has no
answer) is to truncate the previous posting after one word and insert
"please eff off as you are a plantpot". It does this a lot, as it's very
poor quality software.
http://www.diybanter.com
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-07-06 19:01:07 +0100, "Doctor Drivel" said:
And you will say in 6 years time, that Dr Drivel was right. ..and
naturally fell a right prat.

Would you prefer that we use an axe or a chainsaw ?

What do you normally use?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Fri, 6 Jul 2007 11:54:20 UTC, Adrian wrote:

Doctor Drivel ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

all the stars drive them too - so I am naturally super trendy as well.

Only plebhead drive diesels.

Without logic and mature debate such as this, where *would* mankind be
today?

What

This man is a plantpot.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 6 Jul 2007 18:29:57 UTC, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Fri, 6 Jul 2007 11:54:20 UTC, Adrian wrote:

Doctor Drivel ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

all the stars drive them too - so I am naturally super trendy as well.

Only plebhead drive diesels.

Without logic and mature debate such as this, where *would* mankind be
today?

What

This man is a plantpot.

Q.E.D. It doesn't take much to confuse the software.

http://www.diybanter.com
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

snip

The Prius is NOT complicated,

Whooosh....

Wow, a flock of pigs have just flown past!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-07-06 19:01:07 +0100, "Doctor Drivel" said:
And you will say in 6 years time, that Dr Drivel was right. ..and
naturally fell a right prat.

Would you prefer that we use an axe or a chainsaw ?

What do you normally use?

Whichever you prefer. A hacksaw if it pleases you.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from "Bob Eager" contains these words:

a) an idiot schoolboy with motoring and plumbing fantasies, or
b) a badly implemented Eliza-type program (type into Google if you don't
know)

My favourite is (b), but it's a pretty basic implementation. It pastes
in random publicity blurbs from boiler manufacturers and car
manufacturers, and its fallback (if it can't understand, or has no
answer) is to truncate the previous posting after one word and insert
"please eff off as you are a plantpot". It does this a lot, as it's very
poor quality software.

I did think about referring to the turing test in my previous response
but decided against it on the basis that it was unlikely that anyone
clever enough to program a computer to ape a human would get the result
so disastrously wrong.

--
Roger Chapman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-07-06 09:43:40 +0100, "Doctor Drivel" said:

I have very high standards that is why I went for a Prius.

No you don't. Your standard gambit is always cheapness.

Nope value for money and buy the product to suit the job with
price/performance in mind. That is why I bought a Prius, and all the
stars drive them too - so I am naturally super trendy as well.

Only plebhead drive diesels.

Oi!!! I drive a diesel.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"dennis@home" wrote in message

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

Posted to uk.d-i-y
DJC DJC is offline

Roger wrote:

I did think about referring to the turing test in my previous response
but decided against it on the basis that it was unlikely that anyone
clever enough to program a computer to ape a human would get the result
so disastrously wrong.

humour an ape maybe

--
djc
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Bob Eager
writes

My favourite is (b), but it's a pretty basic implementation.

It certainly brings to mind the late unlamented JK-O bot of
demon.service.

--
(\__/) Bunny says NO to Windows Vista!
(='.'=) http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut00...ista_cost.html

Posted to uk.d-i-y

":Jerry:" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

snip

The Prius is NOT complicated,

Whooosh....

Wow, a flock of pigs have just flown past!

This displays your lack of simple technical comprehension.

Turn your Prius into a UPS Andy Dingley UK diy 16 January 5th 06 09:24 PM
Prius Steve Firth UK diy 22 December 19th 05 01:27 PM
I saw a Prius yersterday raden UK diy 494 August 25th 05 11:37 PM
The Art Of Bose Bashing And Amar's Supposed Descent Into Mediocrity John Larkin Electronics Repair 2 August 25th 04 06:11 PM