Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Covering Concrete

Hi all,
I have a small section of concrete between my gate and garage, about 3 x
4.5 mtr. it is looking a bit tired and worn, I would like to smarten it up.
This verges on to my paved patio so the thickness needs to be as little
as possible.
I do not want or can afford to dig it out and lay matching paving or pay
somebody to do it.
Options I can think of a
1. cold lay tarmac
2. Painting
3. Thin layer of cement
Anybody got ideas as to how to smarten it up.
The garage never has or will be used for a car, (too much crap filling
the garage) so I only intend to use it as a bbq area.

Bazza

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:

"Bazza" wrote in message
Hi all,
I have a small section of concrete between my gate and garage, about 3
x 4.5 mtr. it is looking a bit tired and worn, I would like to smarten
it up.
This verges on to my paved patio so the thickness needs to be as
little as possible.
I do not want or can afford to dig it out and lay matching paving or
pay somebody to do it.
Options I can think of a
1. cold lay tarmac
2. Painting
3. Thin layer of cement
Anybody got ideas as to how to smarten it up.

Astro turf?

Adam

Nice one but I don't think so, does not fit with my outlook
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bazza" wrote in message
ARWadsworth wrote:

"Bazza" wrote in message
Hi all,
I have a small section of concrete between my gate and garage, about 3 x
4.5 mtr. it is looking a bit tired and worn, I would like to smarten it
up.
This verges on to my paved patio so the thickness needs to be as little
as possible.
I do not want or can afford to dig it out and lay matching paving or pay
somebody to do it.
Options I can think of a
1. cold lay tarmac
2. Painting
3. Thin layer of cement
Anybody got ideas as to how to smarten it up.

Astro turf?

Adam

Nice one but I don't think so, does not fit with my outlook

It's also a swine for tab ends thrown on the floor. I never got asked back
to "THEIR" house for a BBQ after that mistake.

Cold tarmac will not last long from what I have seen of it
Paint is slippery when wet.
A thin layer of cement will probably not last the first frost.

Red carpet?

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:

"Bazza" wrote in message
ARWadsworth wrote:

"Bazza" wrote in message
[...]

Cold Tarmac, Just foot traffic so maybe OK
Paint, Not really want a BBQ when wet also want to smooth surface
probably right after first frost. Additives to prevent lifting?

Bazza

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bazza wrote:

Cold Tarmac, Just foot traffic so maybe OK
Paint, Not really want a BBQ when wet also want to smooth surface
probably right after first frost. Additives to prevent lifting?

You can get epoxy based paints designed for floors, quite pricey but
they do last much better than ordinary paint.

--
Cheers,

John.