Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default internal doors

Hi,

Im building a partition wall and need to add a couple doorways to
bedrooms, all the other doors in my house are 32", which is
impractical for the new doors.

I see wickes sell 27" and 30" doors.... does anyone know what the
modern standard door size that is fitted is? is 27" ok with regards to
building regs etc etc etc for a bedroom..

sorry to sound thick on this but I just need to know any details on
this

Tom

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Thomarse wrote:
Hi,

Im building a partition wall and need to add a couple doorways to
bedrooms, all the other doors in my house are 32", which is
impractical for the new doors.

I see wickes sell 27" and 30" doors.... does anyone know what the
modern standard door size that is fitted is? is 27" ok with regards to
building regs etc etc etc for a bedroom..

You usually find a 30" door is standard for bedrooms, and the bathroom is
27" - no idea why. You can get 32" doors.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 22:22:13 +0100 The Medway Handyman wrote :
You usually find a 30" door is standard for bedrooms, and
the bathroom is 27" - no idea why.

You don't need to take furniture in and out of a bathroom

You can get 32" doors.

Often 80" high

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/06/2007 23:36, Tony Bryer wrote:

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 22:22:13 +0100 The Medway Handyman wrote :
You usually find a 30" door is standard for bedrooms, and
the bathroom is 27" - no idea why.

You don't need to take furniture in and out of a bathroom

Also a smaller (inward opening) door eats up less space in a small bathroom.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman said the following on 12/06/2007 22:22:

You usually find a 30" door is standard for bedrooms, and the bathroom is
27" - no idea why. You can get 32" doors.

Prolly cos you don't have to get a bed and a wardrobe into a bathroom ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Thomarse wrote:

Im building a partition wall and need to add a couple doorways to
bedrooms, all the other doors in my house are 32", which is
impractical for the new doors.

I see wickes sell 27" and 30" doors.... does anyone know what the
modern standard door size that is fitted is? is 27" ok with regards to
building regs etc etc etc for a bedroom..

I recently did the same thing to a property and used 30" doors where
possible, but for 1 bedroom I had to use a 27" one, to make the layout
work. Certainly no problem for building control.

David

Internal Doors David UK diy 16 June 2nd 06 11:11 AM
moulded internal panel doors [email protected] UK diy 6 March 21st 06 03:41 PM
Replacing internal doors F UK diy 60 March 15th 06 10:55 PM
Internal doors [email protected] UK diy 3 February 2nd 06 08:02 PM
Best /Easiest Paint for Internal Doors Scott UK diy 3 March 18th 05 12:00 PM