Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default B&Q immersion heater - porous electrode ?.

Hi all,

A couple of years ago, after maybe 30 years of sterling service, my
immersion heater failed. So I fitted a £20 B&Q one.
After loads of trouble with the safety thermostat, I had a closer look
yesterday and found that there must have been a slight leak around the live
electrode and it's almost solid rust.

Can anyone please recommend a quality replacement ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"gentlegreen" wrote in
message ...
Hi all,

A couple of years ago, after maybe 30 years of sterling service, my
immersion heater failed. So I fitted a £20 B&Q one.
After loads of trouble with the safety thermostat, I had a closer look
yesterday and found that there must have been a slight leak around the

live
electrode and it's almost solid rust.

Can anyone please recommend a quality replacement ?

I suspect I may have fallen foul of the dreaded RoHS.

I bought a replacement hard water element and stat from Screwfix for a fiver
less .. got it home and it's identical to the one that failed and I suspect
I can see corrosion where the element passes through the brass backplate.

If this one fails in 2 years' time, maybe I'll send both back to the
manufacturer. (12 months' warranty).

Immersion Heater The Medway Handyman UK diy 26 January 24th 07 09:21 PM
immersion heater painterman1 UK diy 9 December 30th 06 07:22 PM
Immersion heater [email protected] UK diy 7 February 3rd 06 02:47 PM
Earth electrode and power electrode wire area? Old Nick Metalworking 6 January 18th 05 10:08 PM
Immersion heater element DK UK diy 2 July 5th 03 08:27 PM