Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Do Tile Adhesive and Grout Keep

Hi all

As subject.
I have some adhesive and grout left from a bathroom re-work in 2004.
Will it be OK to use these, or do they lose their "setting properties"

They are both decent BAL products.

TIA

Phil

Posted to uk.d-i-y

TheScullster wrote:
Hi all

As subject.
I have some adhesive and grout left from a bathroom re-work in 2004.
Will it be OK to use these, or do they lose their "setting properties"

They are both decent BAL products.

Powdered or ready mixed?

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"TheScullster" wrote in message
. uk...
Hi all

As subject.
I have some adhesive and grout left from a bathroom re-work in 2004.
Will it be OK to use these, or do they lose their "setting properties"

They are both decent BAL products.

TIA

Phil

I've just used some dry powder adhesive from Wickes in 2004, had to break up
the lumps a bit but it still worked fine. Looks like it's just cement and
silver sand. The grout is still powdery, I have not tried that yet.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Newshound" wrote

I've just used some dry powder adhesive from Wickes in 2004, had to break
up the lumps a bit but it still worked fine. Looks like it's just cement
and silver sand. The grout is still powdery, I have not tried that yet.

Thanks guys
Checked the packaging when I got home last night.
Both grout and adhesive state a shelf life of 12 months subject to ideal
storage (dry, not freezing etc).
The adhesive is pre-mixed White Star. Noticed when I dipped my finger in
that it appears to have separated, but not top-to-bottom, more
side-to-side....very odd!
The adhesive tub was partly used.
The grout was still......well grouty. Powder form Microflex not ready mix.

Anyway, I think it's best I take no chances and buy more.

Don't want to spoil the ship etc etc.

Phil

Posted to uk.d-i-y

TheScullster wrote:
"Newshound" wrote

I've just used some dry powder adhesive from Wickes in 2004, had to break
up the lumps a bit but it still worked fine. Looks like it's just cement
and silver sand. The grout is still powdery, I have not tried that yet.

Thanks guys
Checked the packaging when I got home last night.
Both grout and adhesive state a shelf life of 12 months subject to ideal
storage (dry, not freezing etc).
The adhesive is pre-mixed White Star. Noticed when I dipped my finger in
that it appears to have separated, but not top-to-bottom, more
side-to-side....very odd!

thats a drying type adhesive. will keep even after its dried. Just mniux
with after.

Horrible stuff really. Try and use something better.

The adhesive tub was partly used.
The grout was still......well grouty. Powder form Microflex not ready mix.

powder grout will keep if kept dry.