Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wera Tools

I am on a tool replacement upgrade spree. S/fix sell Wera
screwdrivers. They are expensive in S'fixes catalogue so are they any
good? Is S/fix the best place to buy these tools?

TIA

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article . com,
wrote:
I am on a tool replacement upgrade spree. S/fix sell Wera
screwdrivers. They are expensive in S'fixes catalogue so are they any
good?

I bought a set of their diamond coated ones at a recent tool fair and they
are ok. But time will have to go by before I'm sure about their
durability.

Is S/fix the best place to buy these tools?

Most Google for the best current prices etc these days. Plenty of hits on
Wera screwdrivers.

TIA

--
*Gargling is a good way to see if your throat leaks.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13 May, 13:25, wrote:
I am on a tool replacement upgrade spree. S/fix sell Wera
screwdrivers. They are expensive in S'fixes catalogue so are they any
good? Is S/fix the best place to buy these tools?

TIA

These two "look" the same.....

http://www.tooled-up.com/ManProduct....Man&PID=111707

http://www.screwfix.com/search.do?_d...pi=1&cn=1&cd=1

One says Kraftkant and one says Slip-stop (which I want). Are they
the same? Price difference is big.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I've a few bits of Wera, diamond bits and bit holder (excellent), iron
bits (poor), multibit screwdriver (pretty good), large straight-blade
slipstop screwdriver (very good).

Generally I rate them slightly above Wiha.

Best deals have been Wera trade stands at shows.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

http://www.screwfix.com/search.do?_d...search=48111&p...

One says Kraftkant and one says Slip-stop (which I want). Are they
the same? Price difference is big.

That 7 quid price difference seems to be pretty standard for Screwfix
stuff. I wonder why people use them.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On May 13, 1:25 pm, wrote:
I am on a tool replacement upgrade spree. S/fix sell Wera
screwdrivers. They are expensive in S'fixes catalogue so are they any
good? Is S/fix the best place to buy these tools?

TIA

I bought a set of these the other day and am really pleased with them:

http://www.rapidonline.com/productin...tier1=Tools%2c
+Fasteners+%26+Production+Equipment&tier2=Electron ic%2fElectric
+Tools&tier3=Screwdrivers&tier4=Cabinet+screwdrive r
+set&moduleno=75001

Other places do them for a similar price.

cheers,
Pete.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13 May, 21:27, Weatherlawyer wrote:
On May 13, 2:38 pm, wrote:

I am on a tool replacement upgrade spree. S/fix sell Wera
screwdrivers. They are expensive in S'fixes catalogue so are they any
good? Is S/fix the best place to buy these tools?

These two "look" the same.....

http://www.tooled-up.com/ManProduct....Man&PID=111707

http://www.screwfix.com/search.do?_d...search=48111&p...

One says Kraftkant and one says Slip-stop (which I want). Are they
the same? Price difference is big.

That 7 quid price difference seems to be pretty standard for Screwfix
stuff. I wonder why people use them.

Are the actually the same product though? I agree that S/fix are not
as cheap as they used to be.

I fitted one of these in a house with a Rinnai mutil-point water
heater to give the DHW. Looks the part...and a radio inside too...
http://www.bathtek.com/shower_cabins.htm

Screwfix do this one, which is expensive and looks not that good at
all....
http://www.screwfix.com/search.do?_d...h_search=83798

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13 May, 23:08, "The Medway Handyman"
I am on a tool replacement upgrade spree. S/fix sell Wera
screwdrivers. They are expensive in S'fixes catalogue so are they any
good? Is S/fix the best place to buy these tools?

Not that specific brand - but go & look in your local Wickes - you might be
in for a pleasant surprise.

I like Wickes and their power tools are very good and now they sell
Hitachi power tools as well now. I have their grey professional SDS
drill, and it is a very good drill, compatible to any Makita, DeWalt,
etc, for less money and better guarantee. Their hand tools tend not to
be the top quality makes. Good enough no doubt and I have some soft
handled drivers of theirs. I want the best as the none slip Wera
screwdrivers look the part to me and Wickes don't sell them.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14 May, 00:57, "Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

I've got another example. I wanted pliers and cutters for a toolkit which
will likely get trashed so got a set from Lidl for pennies.

I bought a dozen sets of their pliers recently for a large wire
fencing job where there would be a dozen people working on it, and
most of them were going to end up left in a forest. The lurid red &
yellow-handled Lidls didn't generally get left behind (only lost a few
pairs) and were cheap enough not to worry about it.

OTOH, the wire strippers included in the sets were so badly aligned as
to be a worthless joke. The V jaws just didn't align, and they were
all equally bad.

As to the OP's Wera screwdrivers, then one set is the black finish and
the others are plated. Take your pick, but the plated are probably a
bit more rust resistant. Personally I'd buy Wiha, as I find Wera's
handles to be too lumpy.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article . com,
Andy Dingley wrote:
As to the OP's Wera screwdrivers, then one set is the black finish and
the others are plated. Take your pick, but the plated are probably a
bit more rust resistant. Personally I'd buy Wiha, as I find Wera's
handles to be too lumpy.

The set I've got are diamond coating reducing the inwards pressure needed
on a screw. It certainly seems to work - they reduce overall effort
considerably.

--
*White with a hint of M42*